• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

fine, 1 or 2MM might not work, but the financing isn't a 5 year thing... its over a long period of time.  If that financing is 25 years... then it is still only 4MM per year.

The idea is still valid... it isn't 100 mill all at once and there is money to be made.  I hadn't even included advertising revenue in that scenario.  

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhh, i graduated dude.. i'm doing my residency right now, and i understand how much it will cost... what i'm trying to explain is that you gotta think about it as an investment (like a house) as opposed to a depreciating commodity (like a car).. in general, stadiums make money, they dont lose money

i don't think stadiums gain money... we aren't going to be selling this one to someone else when we are done with it... we would demolish it and build another.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

fine, 1 or 2MM might not work, but the financing isn't a 5 year thing... its over a long period of time.  If that financing is 25 years... then it is still only 4MM per year.

The idea is still valid... it isn't 100 mill all at once and there is money to be made.  I hadn't even included advertising revenue in that scenario.  

its funny cuz those think that building a stadium cannot financially work says that we (the people who think it can work) are not looking at the big picture, but we actually are

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

bull-by-marriage, you gotta understand that most of these people have never been outside of hillsborough county and dont understand what a college football game is like outside of raymond james stadium-- i think thats what makes this conversation so difficult..

I'm sure in your young life, you're a world traveler?  I've lived in Tally and gainesville and been to both stadiums.  They suck (as did the Orange Bowl) compared to RayJay.

i don't think stadiums gain money... we aren't going to be selling this one to someone else when we are done with it... we would demolish it and build another.

well, it makes money from ticket sales, advertising, concessions, parking, etc.. the profits will be higher than the annual cost of its "mortgage", to put in layman's terms

i agree that there is profit to be made... i just don't see that it will work like other real estate...  i think it will depreciate, and that should be taken into consideration.  Despite that... we'd still be making money until the next stadium is built.

I'm sure in your young life, you're a world traveler?  I've lived in Tally and gainesville and been to both stadiums.  They suck (as did the Orange Bowl) compared to RayJay.

wow, its good to know that you've driven by these stadiums and have never set foot in them.. besides, arguing about which stadium "sucks" more is pretty immature if you ask me, its all opinionated.  pretty mature for someone ur age. but their location is a different story, i'd trade places with UF or FSU in terms of stadium location any day.. but miami? hell no

Despite that... we'd still be making money until the next stadium is built.

well, thats the bottom line and that's my whole point.  its good to see that someone finally sees that

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

its funny cuz those think that building a stadium cannot financially work says that we (the people who think it can work) are not looking at the big picture, but we actually are

NO YOU ARE NOT LOOKING AT THE BIG PICTURE!!!!

If you would actually read and digest what we are saying you might actually understand.   For like the 800th freaking time, what we are saying is that the timing isn't right at this point, not that it can't or shouldn't be done.  There are other things that need to be taken care of first.  Many, many things would have to fall into place before an OCS can be built.  

WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN!!!!!!!!

By the way, where exactly on campus would you choose to build it?  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

lets look at that #...

it would cost 100mill (by your estimate above) to make...

the stadium would be used for a long long time... 50? 100 years? more?

so that cost could be spread out over that time... 1-2 million a year (yes, there is interest etc.).

I like how you say "yes there would be interest but"  like it's no big deal?

look at a 1 million dollar mortgage for 30 years at 7%:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/mortgage-calculator.asp?unroundedPayment=6653.024951791824&loanAmount=1000000.00&nrOfYears=30&nrOfMonths=360&interestRate=7.00&startMonth=9&startDay=13&startYear=2005&monthlyPayment=6653.02&showAmort=Show%2FRecalculate+Amortization+Table&monthlyAdditional=0&yearlyAdditional=0&yearlyAdditionalMonth=9&oneAdditional=0&oneAdditionalMonth=9&oneAdditionalYear=2005&paidOffDate=Oct+13%2C+2035

The interest alone is $1,395,088.98 plus the original $1,000,000.00 financed...for a total cost of $2,395,088.98.

Now multiply that times 100 for $239,508,898.00 excluding maintenance, etc.