• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

could always plow under the golf course ;)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

could always plow under the golf course ;)

yeah but, is that technically "on campus?"  Because if it isn't "on campus" then it sucks!   ;D ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I'll make one more observation, then I'm done with this topic:

A couple years ago a caller on the radio show asked Coach Leavitt what he thought about an OCS?

Leavitt said "if we can pick up Raymond James Stadium and set it down next to our training facility, I'm all for it."

• Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,752
  • Days Won:  3

...We ALL care about a place we can call home.  We would ALL love to EVENTUALLY have an OCS.  We will ALL put our money/time/effort where our mouth is if it can be PROVEN, not by you or Joe or someone else piling on the argument.  Prove it to me by getting the university to commit to a study.  If the university thinks that it is worth the time for some kind of feasability study, then there there will be some validity to your points.

Do you actually think that Dr. Genshaft, Lee Roy Selmon, and Doug Wollard are all missing the point on this?  If they thought that an OCS would be a viable option right now, don't you think they would be trying to raise awareness?  These are very bright people who understand the both the business and athletics issues involving the school.  If it was appropriate, they would be making noise.  All of them, individually and collectively have gone to great lengths for our athletic program already, and will continue to do so.  You get one of them to mention an OCS and I'll listen.  Until then.........

And that, sportsfans, is the entire nut. You can sing and dance around the old bulletin board until the cows come home, and it won't make a bit of difference.  Just look at this thread. A minority supporting the "we need it now" line of thinking...the majority saying just ride out RayJ until it's fiscally feasible.

Run it by DW or JG, then come back here with their response.  Until then...this is just a healthy exercise in free speech.  Oh...and in looking over the 15 pages...I haven't seen one person change their line of thinking.

That's enough for me too.  8)

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

For having 30k at the UL game, that was an incredible environment.  I couldn't even imagine how crazy it would have been if we had over double that many.   Scary!

Think Bucs game on MNF with more emotion and intensity.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

who here thinks an OCS is a good idea?

longest thread ever?

Nope... look in the hall of fame ... the longest thread ever is there... and it is like 300 pages long.

yeah but, is that technically "on campus?"  Because if it isn't "on campus" then it sucks!   ;D ;D ;D

i believe it is on campus technically.  I believe all that land east of it is too, but is protected.