• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium on Campus

Guest Ken

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

... i dont see why USF fans dont realize how much of a difference it would make for the program and for the university

It's not that an on campus stadium would be a bad thing, but somebody has to pay for it.  What you refuse to consider is the cost.  The new stadium for Uconn (which isn't on campus, by the way) was over $90 million.  That's a lot of cash.  And you think they don't have rules.. here's their list for tailgating (and you think we have it bad).

Tailgating: Tailgating is permitted at Rentschler Field. Please review the Tailgating Rules listed below:

* The vehicle and the associated tailgating activities may only occupy one (1) parking space. No activities are permitted in areas other than those associated with the parking space.

* Saving a space for another vehicle is not permitted.

* Grills, coolers, etc. must be set up in front or in back of the vehicle, however in no event may tailgating activities obstruct the free flow of other vehicles and/or pedestrians.

* Ball playing and frisbee tossing in the parking lots and roadways are safety hazards and are prohibited.

* NO CHARCOAL FIRES, open flames or large grills are permitted.

* No barbecues are permitted in the first row of parking surrounding the Stadium.

* No structure may be raised that requires supports pounded into the ground.

* Motor homes and oversized vehicles may park only in the designated “Oversized Vehicle†Lot.

* Caterers, other than the official caterer of Rentschler Field, are not permitted on the property. The sale of merchandise, food or beverage is prohibited.

* Kegs or bulk quantities of alcohol are not permitted in any vehicle, in the parking lots or on the Rentschler Field property.

* Glass containers are prohibited on the Rentschler Field property.

* Trash receptacles are located throughout the parking lots. Please bag and dispose of trash to make it safer for vehicles exiting.

* No outside food or beverage may be brought into the Stadium.

* Guests will not be allowed to enter the Stadium if they are visibly intoxicated.

* Tailgating is not permitted once the event begins.

* Anyone in the parking lots once the event begins must either enter the Stadium or leave the property.

* Tailgating is not permitted after an event.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If you guys can find someone to pony up $100-150 mil for a football stadium, I'm sure USF would oblige.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,325
  • Days Won:  43

In time, USF will have their own on campus stadium. Hell, if UCF and Troy St can do it, so can USF IMO. I just thinks USF needs to keep playing at RJS until that stadium gets too old. You have to admit that us fans are very spoiled because we get to watch the games at RJS. Most college stadiums would kill for anything close to RJS.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

We don't have the financial support to do it.  END OF DISCUSSION, UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO PONY UP THE CHEDDAR FOR IT.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

We don't have the financial support to do it.  END OF DISCUSSION, UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO PONY UP THE CHEDDAR FOR IT.

yet, UCF has enough money.. riiiight.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,735
  • Days Won:  3

You can argue the intangible non-quantifiable merits of an on campus stadium until the bulls come home, however, it's all about the Benjamins. Something we ain't got - and if it could be cost-justified, I'm relatively certain USF would be moving in that direction.  

Party "A" trots out the "atmosphere" argument, Party "B" trots out the "show me the money" argument.  And at the end of the day...we still play at RayJ.

Soon as USF unveils plans for the OCS...lemme know.  8)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,735
  • Days Won:  3

To get out of playing in the ancient Aztec ruins of the Citrus Bowl? To get out of da 'hood? As a long term project for UCF? As a necessary investment to advance their program (which is clearly fallen behind USF)?  Let's see how their OCS shakes out before we start embracing it as the model to follow.

Are you saying that just because UCF builds an OCS that we should? Do you think if RayJ were located in Orlando - and UCF played there on Saturdays - they'd still be funding an OCS?  I doubt that very seriously. The CB has been a relic for a long, long time.

Does Mimai need an OCS ? The OB - as decrepit as that thing is - still seems to serve their purpose.  As long as  RayJ is servicable - and the rent is right - we'll be down on Dale Mabry.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Riiiight ....... UCF has just enough money for a dressed up high school stadium. If that's the kind of MEDIOCRITY you'd like to strive for, be my guest.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  93

Riiiight ....... UCF has just enough money for a dressed up high school stadium. If that's the kind of MEDIOCRITY you'd like to strive for, be my guest.

That's not nice.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

Are you saying that just because UCF builds an OCS that we should? Do you think if RayJ were located in Orlando - and UCF played there on Saturdays - they'd still be funding an OCS?

i never said anything of the sort.. i'm citing UCF as an example that we CAN do it, it is possible, and its not impossible like most people say it is.. money is not an excuse, because the return outweighs the investment "if they can do it, so can we"

Does Mimai need an OCS ? The OB - as decrepit as that thing is - still seems to serve their purpose.  As long as  RayJ is servicable - and the rent is right - we'll be down on Dale Mabry.
actually, miami does need a stadium on campus-- however, if you've ever been to UM, there is no room on their campus (unlike USF's, which has large tracts of empty land all over the place).. and on top of that, its in coral gables, a neighborhood which the residents would veto that crap faster than a devin hester return INT of pat julmiste for a TD... besides, its a different situation wiht the O.B. because, despite the fact that the stadium is a complete dump and that the city would LOVE to tear that hole down, there is too much sentimental value with so many legendary games in there.. believe me, if it werent for that, that stadium would have been long gone by now.. USF is not in that situation, and playing in someone else's house (bucs) wont last forever.. it better be sooner than later, otherwise USF wont be packing its house any time soon with an offcampus stadium, and USF will keep distancing itself from the "non-commuter" image its trying to become