• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Observing Temple and ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

With our O Line woes instead of speeding up the game we should look at slowing it down.  Keeps the D rested as well.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I would take looking competent 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I'm confused as to why people think ECU looked like they had an identity? They scored 1 touchdown in the opening drive and then didn't score another until 29 seconds left in the game...

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, IBulleve said:

We had DE’s and LB’s with their hands in the air, confused about how to line up....coming out of a timeout. That should tell you all you need to know

Maybe they were listening to Word Up, by Cameo.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 hours ago, IBulleve said:

We had DE’s and LB’s with their hands in the air, confused about how to line up....coming out of a timeout. That should tell you all you need to know

Have observed the DC on the sideline this season and last looking pissed, hectic, out of sorts even appearing to be arguing with Strong. I figured it was due to the skid going on last season but saw it again this season. People in charge and over their head sometimes use anger to offset their lack of knowledge. On top of that, the interview the other day where he somehow took the question and made it about him/his family/their struggles?? That one threw me a curve I watched it twice and came away with...WTF?? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Have observed the DC on the sideline this season and last looking pissed, hectic, out of sorts even appearing to be arguing with Strong. I figured it was due to the skid going on last season but saw it again this season. People in charge and over their head sometimes use anger to offset their lack of knowledge. On top of that, the interview the other day where he somehow took the question and made it about him/his family/their struggles?? That one threw me a curve I watched it twice and came away with...WTF?? 

Yeah, there’s just a total lack of organization and discipline with this regime. Its very apparent that Charlie isn’t the guy for the job. Let’s just hope we can cut the head off the snake and move on sooner than later

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,286
  • Days Won:  10

They are both better than us.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

46 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Yeah, there’s just a total lack of organization and discipline with this regime. Its very apparent that Charlie isn’t the guy for the job. Let’s just hope we can cut the head off the snake and move on sooner than later

I mentioned this in another thread.  Defense has given up some big numbers.  In one of the articles/interviews this week, the DC said no changes to scheme or personnel this week.  They did change some drills during the practice week, but also cut down the number of practice sessions so the kids would be fresher.  That concerns me on a couple of points.  We were coming off a bye week.  They weren't fresh enough coming off a bye week?  

With players out of position often, I would think more time on the field as a unit would make a difference.  I understand the individual drills are designed to help develop tackling skills, but there just something that irks me that they cut back on the number sessions.  

I have not been a fan of the DC since he has been here.  I think he is in way over his head.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I have not been a fan of the DC since he has been here.  I think he is in way over his head.  

Yea he is looking like another coach Woodie.  We looked ok his first season then it's gotten worse the more players they gather for program. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I mentioned this in another thread.  Defense has given up some big numbers.  In one of the articles/interviews this week, the DC said no changes to scheme or personnel this week.  They did change some drills during the practice week, but also cut down the number of practice sessions so the kids would be fresher.  That concerns me on a couple of points.  We were coming off a bye week.  They weren't fresh enough coming off a bye week?  

With players out of position often, I would think more time on the field as a unit would make a difference.  I understand the individual drills are designed to help develop tackling skills, but there just something that irks me that they cut back on the number sessions.  

you would think our HC who is a defense guy could help.

I thought when Strong came in that our offense would start to regress but that our defense would get better just because we went from an offensive HC to a defensive one. honestly I didn't think both sides would completely disintegrate.