• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Observing Temple and ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I mentioned this in another thread.  Defense has given up some big numbers.  In one of the articles/interviews this week, the DC said no changes to scheme or personnel this week.  They did change some drills during the practice week, but also cut down the number of practice sessions so the kids would be fresher.  That concerns me on a couple of points.  We were coming off a bye week.  They weren't fresh enough coming off a bye week?  

With players out of position often, I would think more time on the field as a unit would make a difference.  I understand the individual drills are designed to help develop tackling skills, but there just something that irks me that they cut back on the number sessions.  

I have not been a fan of the DC since he has been here.  I think he is in way over his head.  

Every time I read something like this, or see the total dysfunction on the field, I’m reminded of the quote about McDoom telling CCS that “we don’t know how to practice”. 

At first, I didn’t mind BJM being DC, because I assumed Charlie would basically be the DC anyway. At this point, I’m convinced that Charlie doesn’t do much on a day to day outside of be a life tutor. 

Edited by IBulleve

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

20 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Every time I read something like this, or see the total dysfunction on the field, I’m reminded of the quote about McDoom telling CCS that “we don’t know how to practice”. 

At first, I didn’t mind BJM being DC, because I assumed Charlie would basically be the DC anyway. At this point, I’m convinced that Charlie doesn’t do much on a day to day outside of be a life tutor. 

There's gonna be dissertations about CCS in management programs on the fail upward culture of management and how someone who doesn't even appear to be able to handle the area of the game they built their rep on, in his case defense, is able to continually sell that despite all the evidence to the contrary.

• Upvote 1