• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Observing Temple and ECU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Both teams have first year coaches and they are light years ahead of us.

They looked disciplined. Offense has an identity. Linemen move the pile. Kickers look legit. Special teams look well coached.

We suck at every phase of the game. It’s not the kids. These teams do not have any better talent than us they just know how to use player strengths and put them into position to win.

Strong has destroyed us. The clown show must end.

i don’t want us to lose Saturday but if it got rid of Charlie I am all for it.  I thought Skip was bad but this guy is worse. Incompetent!

Edited by Bullrush33
  • Upvote 3
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

17 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

They looked disciplined. Offense has an identity. Linemen move the pile. Kickers look legit. Special teams look well coached.

We suck at every phase of the game. It’s not the kids. These teams do not have any better talent than us they just know how to use player strengths and put them into position to win.

i don’t want us to lose Saturday but if it got rid of Charlie I am all for it.  I thought Skip was bad but this guy is worse. Incompetent!

He thinks he’s the biggest guy on campus

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

He thinks he’s above USF and a scrubbing will be a coming with Chuck.  But why? Was Louisville any different with respect to culture at USF, Texas, or FL?

Nope.

We , as USF alumni, deserve better than this and at a time of fundraising campaign couldn’t be worst timing. GO BULLS.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

In all fairness to CCS his first year team was light years ahead of this team too.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Strong has F U money, courtesy of Texas and USF. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

We had DE’s and LB’s with their hands in the air, confused about how to line up....coming out of a timeout. That should tell you all you need to know

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

We had DE’s and LB’s with their hands in the air, confused about how to line up....coming out of a timeout. That should tell you all you need to know

Right!!! Chuckles did not even call a time out.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

I would have argued this a few weeks ago, now it's really hard to tell which of the two was worse. Their tenures are similar here: Good first year, mediocre year two, garbage year three. Hard to believe that Charlie actually went 11-2 in 2017. We actually had a semi competent OL that year, and we were competitive in our only two losses. Just amazing how bad things have gotten less than two years removed from that Texas Tech Bowl Game.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I would have argued this a few weeks ago, now it's really hard to tell which of the two was worse. 

Strong is worse.  Holtz his last year with a avg at best Usf team lost a close game vs a ranked UL team coached by yep Strong.   Holtz biggest issue appears to have been recruiting....Strong might be a semi decent recruiter but horrible game coach. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235

7 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I would have argued this a few weeks ago, now it's really hard to tell which of the two was worse. Their tenures are similar here: Good first year, mediocre year two, garbage year three. Hard to believe that Charlie actually went 11-2 in 2017. We actually had a semi competent OL that year, and we were competitive in our only two losses. Just amazing how bad things have gotten less than two years removed from that Texas Tech Bowl Game.

That just speaks to how great Quinton Flowers was. Our o-line was better no doubt but some of that was because the D had to respect Q so much. We also had leaders all over the field. We've been lacking that big time for two seasons now.

• Upvote 1