• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

KB says changes to offense this week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

the kid cut it just fine. Strong dismissed him.

He didn't quit. He wasn't arrested.

He played after ILL and did nothing. Don’t know anything about his attitude but I suspect that is why he is not playing 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I think we’re focusing too much on the OL and underestimating the lack of competent WR play as a reason this offense has sucked.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

Exactly.  I guess Ocala Trinity Catholic high school, Jacksonville University and Valdosta State are breeding grounds for NFL linemen.

you do know that just because they are trained to block in a pro-style system doesn't mean that they are NFL quality o-linmen, right?

how long did it take to have success especially if he came in to a spread style run attack with linemen trained to block in a different system?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Exactly.  I guess Ocala Trinity Catholic high school, Jacksonville University and Valdosta State are breeding grounds for NFL linemen.

Maybe just maybe to you can find better offensive linemen there  in comparison to the defenses you play than you can find for USF in comparison to the defenses they play. How many points do you think a KB led Valdosta would have put up on Wisconsin? And how perfectly great did this offense look against SC State?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, Bull94 said:

if you run a pro-style offense then yes you need pro-style o-linemen. sorry. read up on the NFL and how they can't find decent pro-style o-linemen in college anymore. it's why everyone is going to spread offenses.

Regardless of scheme, You need only block for 3 seconds. That is enough time for the QB to take three steps back, look right, look left and launch. Watch replays, very few times this year has our QB had 3 seconds or more. Those plays resulted in dropped passes, errant throws or completions. I'll just agree to disagree on the PRO freaking Style for any offense. If you don't have three **** seconds, you're toast.

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He played after ILL and did nothing. Don’t know anything about his attitude but I suspect that is why he is not playing 

he's not playing because he broke one of Strong's rules. Either he was wearing an earring in the football complex or he was mistreating women or maybe just maybe he was smoking pot.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I think we’re focusing too much on the OL and underestimating the lack of competent WR play as a reason this offense has sucked.

I think we are too focused on the players and not enough on the fact this scheme and play calling was custom built for us to be complete and total failures this season. CCS needed to win now, he opted for a compete rebuild in a fools errand direction and they all will earn their firings accordingly.

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

you do know most of those guys had some really good offers they just chose to walk-on to a different school. JJ Watt had 2 other Big Ten offers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

the kid cut it just fine. Strong dismissed him.

He didn't quit. He wasn't arrested.

If there were no problems, why was he dismissed ..... and then why not picked up somewhere?