• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

KB says changes to offense this week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

great so sign you up for bobby eveld and stephen bravo-brown. good times.

BTW he didn't quit on his team. He disappeared last year because Strong suspended him.

Salomon had offers from Oregon, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, Auburn and LSU.

Our walk-on didn't get any D1 offers. No D 1-aa offers. No D2 offers. No D3 offers. he got 1 offer from an NAIA school in Lakeland.

Listen I'm not bashing the kid but if that's who you think you want as your leading receiver then don't ever expect much from this program.

Arguing in support of a kid that could not cut it because times got tough...then make up **** that I support Bravo Brown??? Salomon underachieved and the fact no one picked him up shows that he had issues. I don’t give two violation what he was and where he got offers from. It’s irrelevant, he flamed out. Further, I never said the walk on was the answer but at this point in the season I would piss on a spark plug and howl at the moon in the middle of winter if it brought us success. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

sorry but different offenses require much different skill sets on the line. it's why undersized programs like army and navy run the option successfully with very small linemen. it's also why Taggart's lines looked awful his first 2 years and then miraculously when switching to the GCO became a solid unit. pro-style offenses are the toughest o-lines to develop and run.

Oh???? so this **** show is all KB's fault???? So who in hell was causing all that stink the last couple years????? God people have freaking blinders on.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I’m willing to give KB more than 4 games before I label him a bust.  This offense has worked in high school, at JU, At Valdosta state.  It’s worked in the CFL and in the NFL so maybe there’s a chance it works at Fowler Ave.  Maybe he tweaks the scheme until he can get the right players.  Whether we like or  not, I believe KB and Chuckles will be around for a little while longer.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Arguing in support of a kid that could not cut it because times got tough...then make up **** that I support Bravo Brown??? Salomon underachieved and the fact no one picked him up shows that he had issues. I don’t give two violation what he was and where he got offers from. It’s irrelevant, he flamed out. Further, I never said the walk on was the answer but at this point in the season I would piss on a spark plug and howl at the moon in the middle of winter if it brought us success. 

the kid cut it just fine. Strong dismissed him.

He didn't quit. He wasn't arrested.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Oh???? so this **** show is all KB's fault???? So who in hell was causing all that stink the last couple years????? God people have freaking blinders on.

trust me I think Strong is the reason for this mess. I don't like KBs offense at all though. no matter where he runs it. It won't work here. We don't get pro-style offensive linemen. they are the toughest to recruit and the toughest to develop.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Azmodi said:

No offense works in Football if your QB is flat on his back. Sorry Puc, if you had screamed fire CCS now, I'd be with you but, this load of crap is all CCS' making. As for the production, I've never seen so many dropped balls or people just not asserting effort in my life. I won't even mention that the O'Line should have to pay back their entire Tuition since they obviously aren't playing.

I guarantee I could improve our offensive line in one week by simply changing the offense, KB and the scheme he has brought here is a perfect recipe for the results we are getting. He likes pro style meets Steve Spurrier with long developing plays down field based on a strong o line that gets giant pockets and has huge passing lanes. We need to strike quickly, get people in space with the ball and speed that makes them not be able to tee off on the qb. That everything is a disgusting mess is entirely on KB and his offense and did not look anywhere near this laughable with Gilbert, CCS hasn't been great and has made many mistakes hiring KB when we needed to win now was one of those mistakes and perhaps the final one.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

56 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

if you think starting walk-ons over a 4 star receiver is what is best for our program then so be it.

we are right where you want us to be.

We have a 5 star QB, how's that working out? He is pretty good against 3rd string AAC, I'll give him that.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, Bull94 said:

trust me I think Strong is the reason for this mess. I don't like KBs offense at all though. no matter where he runs it. It won't work here. We don't get pro-style offensive linemen. they are the toughest to recruit and the toughest to develop.

You don't need a Pro-Style O-line, you just need kids who can hold a block for 3 seconds.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Azmodi said:

You don't need a Pro-Style O-line, you just need kids who can hold a block for 3 seconds.

Exactly.  I guess Ocala Trinity Catholic high school, Jacksonville University and Valdosta State are breeding grounds for NFL linemen.

Just now, Azmodi said:

if you run a pro-style offense then yes you need pro-style o-linemen. sorry. read up on the NFL and how they can't find decent pro-style o-linemen in college anymore. it's why everyone is going to spread offenses.