• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Got kicked out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

40 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

So, no standing, no booing. The crowd at our home games should resemble this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPLQNUVmq3o

I saw that a few weeks ago...friggin  hilarious 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

I've weighed in on this subject in the past but, what the heck, the wife and I haven't started into our day yet.  I don't boo college kids - our team or otherwise - any longer.  Was at a Rutgers game up in NJ and either booed or commented on the horrible play someone made.  A little later in the game learned that his parents were sitting in the row in front of me and to the left.  Felt like crap. Lesson learned. 

When a kid gets hurt - either team - most people applaud when they walk off.  I can't imagine seeing my kid lying on the field in pain and not knowing how injured they are.  So I put myself in the place of that parent when a kid goes down. It is, when all is said and done, a game.  Sure it is more fun to watch a win (okay maybe some of last year's wins weren't so fun) but booing a kid just isn't right.  

I feel booing a coaches decision isn't a big deal.  Have done it and, when I get to the point where I care enough about USF football again, will do it in the future.  Yelling personal insults at a coach is out of bounds IMO.  

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

First, he said he was aiming it "at our puss ass team. What a bunch of charlies". Second, and I think this has already been addressed, what does one hope to accomplish by screaming at players and/or coaches? The only need that is fulfilled one's need for a catharsis. Acting like this is some sort of public service for us fans to help the program is a ******* joke ...

I guess I really don’t think any of these approaches really per se are effective, we all have different coping methods and I respect everyone’s right to use whatever technique to stomach this abysmal season. The players are men who get compensated to play a game and when they stink it is ok to tell them IMO, if you think a better approach is to email MK, stop going to games, yell words of encouragement to the players, that is cool as well, to each their own, never thought I would say this but at least Basketball season is right around the corner.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,004
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The players are men who get compensated to play a game

They do, they sign a scholarship.  But no where in that agreement does it say they also must tolerate vitriol from grown men.   

I hope they continue to toss verbal abusers out of the facility.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I guess I really don’t think any of these approaches really per se are effective, we all have different coping methods and I respect everyone’s right to use whatever technique to stomach this abysmal season. The players are men who get compensated to play a game and when they stink it is ok to tell them IMO, if you think a better approach is to email MK, stop going to games, yell words of encouragement to the players, that is cool as well, to each their own, never thought I would say this but at least Basketball season is right around the corner.

Just now, Brad said:

They do, they sign a scholarship.  But no where in that agreement does it say they also must tolerate vitriol from grown men.   

I hope they continue to toss verbal abusers out of the facility.

Disagree. These aren't grown men.  Do you remember feeling all grown up when you were 18 - 22?  Did you make rational decisions all the time?  These are big guys but they haven't fully matured. Some dumb butt old guy screaming at you from the stands would probably make them want to come up in the stands and kick your sorry butt.  

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

I deserved what I got, so did they. It was coiled up in side me for a long time and at 34-0 at halftime seemed to uncoil it.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Did they apologize to you afterwards for their shortcomings? Did the on-field play change after you said your piece?

He said he did it halftime so yes the play did change, maybe we need to put this guy on staff as he is more motivational than our coaches.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,004
  • Days Won:  469

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Disagree. These aren't grown men.  Do you remember feeling all grown up when you were 18 - 22?  Did you make rational decisions all the time?  These are big guys but they haven't fully matured. Some dumb butt old guy screaming at you from the stands would probably make them want to come up in the stands and kick your sorry butt.  

I think either I wasn't clear or you misinterpreted, or both.  The grown men are the idiots in the stands.  Players should not be subject to that nonsense.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

I was in the Army one week after my 18th birthday, old enough to die for your country, vote and get charged as adult than you are a man  whether you feel like one or not.  Those men would definitely want to come up in the stands and beat the crap out of me and I would deserve it.  The decisions we make have consequences and this is a good lesson for those men, when you perform poorly and others pay to see this performance there are consequences, if you want to boo than boo, if you don’t than don’t.  I am too old to curse the coaches anymore but don’t see the big deal with others doing it.