• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Barnett's Next Transfer

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,951
  • Days Won:  12

I have always rooted for Blake but its very hard to argue with what we saw today. Not in a position to speculate whats next for him. I hope for the absolute best for anyone who puts on the green and gold 

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

I have to say I really wanted Blake to succeed here. It is a good story but he has shown that he does not fit in our offense. McCloud should be our starter from here on out. Blake needs time in the pocket and our O-Line can't give it to him. McCloud is mobile and can make decisions on the move. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Notice the mobility of the GT qb ?   I'll give it to Barnett for his scramble that we needed desperately. He reminds me of Mike White. Tall, lanky, flat footed. Except BB will actually run into the fray where White ran away from it..I know I know now White is somehow in the NFL ??  I just done see us as a team with a stand in there pocket passer. We need mobility. Mc Cloud seems to show he has that mobility plus an arm plus he makes good reads and see's the field. I am doubtful the CKB offense is based around a pocket passer... I'm sure CCS gave BB  some assurances to get him to USF. There is a reason he had the backup beat him out at two other schools. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

On 9/7/2019 at 4:37 PM, Bull Dozer said:

Nope, he doesn't see the field at all and just locks onto guys. He's a slightly better version of Asianti Woulard. 

False!  Woulard was never allowed to shine, because CWT broke his foot, Woulard was a CSH guy, and CWT couldn't stand that.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, lotsofbull99 said:

False!  Woulard was never allowed to shine, because CWT broke his foot, Woulard was a CSH guy, and CWT couldn't stand that.

CCS has been putting lead weights in Blake's cleats.  Savy veteran move 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

I have to say I really wanted Blake to succeed here. It is a good story but he has shown that he does not fit in our offense. McCloud should be our starter from here on out. Blake needs time in the pocket and our O-Line can't give it to him. McCloud is mobile and can make decisions on the move. 

Agree. But, the other side of this is that a mobile QB will make the O-line job a bit easier because they have to respect his ability to avoid the rush. It may only be a second or two, but that's a lot for a QB.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

26 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Agree. But, the other side of this is that a mobile QB will make the O-line job a bit easier because they have to respect his ability to avoid the rush. It may only be a second or two, but that's a lot for a QB.

Exactly.  This is one reason why the Oline looked so much better under Flowers.  The Dlineman had to respect Qs running and couldn’t just tee off on the QB.  Now there is no running threat from the QB position so it’s a jail break to the QB and with our below average line it makes them look even worse.

Do the right thing Chuckles and start McCloud and don’t look back.  Maybe he’ll do for you what Flowers did for Taggart.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Maybe he’ll do for you what Flowers did for Taggart.

We can only hope. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

26 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Exactly.  This is one reason why the Oline looked so much better under Flowers.  The Dlineman had to respect Qs running and couldn’t just tee off on the QB.  Now there is no running threat from the QB position so it’s a jail break to the QB and with our below average line it makes them look even worse.

Do the right thing Chuckles and start McCloud and don’t look back.  Maybe he’ll do for you what Flowers did for Taggart.

You mean the guy that lead the team in rushing on Saturday?  I'm kidding, but.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, CousinRicky said:

You mean the guy that lead the team in rushing on Saturday?  I'm kidding, but.

Move Barnett to RB.

• Haha 1