• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Barnett's Next Transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Do the right thing Chuckles and start McCloud and don’t look back.  Maybe he’ll do for you what Flowers did for Taggart.

You do know that CCS would have NEVER given Flowers the opportunity to play QB? I mean, he's supposed to be good at evaluating talent and all.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

44 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Move Barnett to RB.

WR

5 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

He does have the height.

somebody was talking about lack of height for WR. He's a little flat footed but they could work on that...sideline routes, decoy?? he might like it....

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, BulledOver said:

somebody was talking about lack of height for WR. He's a little flat footed but they could work on that...sideline routes, decoy?? he might like it....

Would also give us looks like GT had, two QBs lined up allows for massive trickeration.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Would also give us looks like GT had, two QBs lined up allows for massive trickeration.

Hmmmm?  You best go chat with CCS and CKB you may be on to something...:baghead: don't tell them your name though...

https://watchstadium.com/news/jalen-hurts-blake-barnett-alabama-starting-job-02-16-2017/   https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2666486-blake-barnett-withdraws-from-alabama-latest-details-comments-and-reaction

Reading the posts on BB and after watching him play for USF I started recalling some things from when he was at Alabama. With McCloud going into the GT game and doing well it showed that he actually appears to demonstrate more play making ability than BB has to date. I know the O line is not BBs friend and gives him little time. Yes, he had a nice run in the GT game but at least to me, he runs like a guy who is going to get hurt. He hits the ground with his knees continually going down and runs full height. I imagine he isn't to tickled with the prospect of McCloud moving in front of him. I'm sure the negative fan talk isn't very refreshing either. He has been through this situation before maybe twice. Tough to swallow when you came out of high school so highly rated. Living here in Panhandle I remembered all the chatter when he left Ala. there was a lot of negativity and then accusations. I remember Jalen Hurts beating him out in the 1st game then going on to be the starter. It was probably an earth shattering experience for BB. So, I went back and looked up some articles about that Ala situation and found it interesting. Some parallel to the current situation except, Saban is a ****. Good coach but... So, thought somebody might find this interesting. No slap at BB in the least. <Just ironic that this scenario seems to follow him..? >  We expect more from our school/team/coaches. We were spoiled by the Q saving plays and games. We would just wait for that play where he would defy logic and take off to win it single handed if he had to(of course he had other key players around him that made for a good team) When I saw McCloud head towards the sideline at GT then plant his foot to change directions it brought back images. It was athletic...   

So, like I said..we expect more. Being a senior I'm sure BB isn't to happy with the prospects but...we aren't to happy about the losing. If McCloud is the starter I hope BB will be a prepared backup/team player who will try to play his ass off when/if he gets in. I hope there isn't ill feelings.     Lengthy I know.....

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Blake has issues. 

1.  Has problems reading defense

2. Long throwing motion. Baseball may be a better sport for him. This throwing motion creates timing issues in the offense that doesn't happen with Mccloud. It created and extra half second which makes a difference when someone is open or not.

3. Slow burst. Faster than many pocket QBs but takes a long time to get there.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

1.  Has problems reading the defense

3. Slow burst. Faster than many pocket QBs but takes a long time to get there.

Those with our o line is a big issue. We need a qb with good acceleration.

It sucks cause I did want it to work for him and McCloud get reps as the backup. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Those with our o line is a big issue. We need a qb with good acceleration.

It sucks cause I did want it to work for him and McCloud get reps as the backup. 

He has been in 3 places. The result is the same. He had the best O line money could buy in Alabama.  The problem is that his long body created timing and mechanical issues.