• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Barnett's Next Transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Yes. And I’m not putting all this on Blake. To an extent, he’s a victim of who we are - and who we are is a team with a sub par offensive line. In a way, I do feel bad for both Barnett and Cronkrite. Neither of them has much chance behind that offensive line.

Meant to upvote, not laugh. I agree completely.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

I know everyone is very upset at the team/coaches/AD.... But do you have to be a mean Troll and tear people down?

Why talk about Blake Barnett transferring during his FINAL season.  Its just unnecessary and won't happen.  Most likely he will be still start again this season, if not next game than another.  He is still the starter until he is not.

Be mature and don't tear other people down just for spite.

I have no spite.

However he has a history of transferring when he doesn't get to play.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

Think of this logically.  He's married now, with a kid.  His size and skills will still warrant a look at the pro's.  He is already into his last year of the game for his collegiate career.  He's still the starter until CS says he isn't, and you KNOW CS will give him every opportunity to bounce back.  Even if it means going with 2 QBs in a game like he has done before.

Don't pretend he's a baby and will turn tail and run just because he gets demoted or has an owie.  remember... the internet is forever.  Would you like it if people talked about you like this online and it remained online for your kids to see.  For the WORLD to see forever.  There are so many other ways to put it without making a joke of a person.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

I know everyone is very upset at the team/coaches/AD.... But do you have to be a mean Troll and tear people down?

Why talk about Blake Barnett transferring during his FINAL season.  Its just unnecessary and won't happen.  Most likely he will be still start again this season, if not next game than another.  He is still the starter until he is not.

Be mature and don't tear other people down just for spite.

I got no ill will towards Blake. He did win us some games last year, but he is not built to be the QB of our offense under KB. McCloud provided a spark and life to an anemic offense. Blake ran well, but his passing needs work and time to be effective. Our offensive line does not provide the time and we cannot develop him under KB. Look at McCloud in the pocket and he looks more natural.  Blake just doesn't pass the eye test. He looks uncomfortable and is not moving the chains or getting in the endzone. HE is a good backup and mentor to have, but his time as our starter has passed. He has been a positive leaders for our team and has done nothing wrong. The results are not showing on the field. I wish him the best and would love to see him come in next time McCloud's helmet falls off.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Some of the Barnett defenders sound like mom and dad. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

Just now, Gismo said:

Some of the Barnett defenders sound like mom and dad. 

They do seem to be emotionally invested.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

His point is correct.  No need to be rude towards players or coaches.  You can respectfully address your thoughts without picking on a collegiate player.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I mean Blake Barnett reminds me of the Mike White (hopefully that's the right pre QF quarterback) situation. Not mobile, needed a solid o-line. Lost the starting job but beasted at another school with an offense built for his strengths. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I called for Blake to be benched and McCloud to start a few of you down voted me...it’s great being right...🤘🤘😂

hope it feels good ...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

52 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

This board always down votes change. They'd rather complain about the terrible state of USF football than actually face change.

Now this is irony at it's finest