• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In Bell I trust

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

"teach OUR system" and "FIND the athletes to run OUR system"

Lord help us if Ford gets hurt... or suspended.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

At this point they are having to think too much, and not just reacting to the play in front of them.

Most of us thought that there was going to be a learning curve to this offense.  It might take longer than any of us hoped or expected.

As long as they are improving each week, I'll be happy.  My tickets are all ready purchased so I'm along for the ride.  Hopefully not too many bumps.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

"teach OUR system" and "FIND the athletes to run OUR system"

Lord help us if Ford gets hurt... or suspended.

They seem to really be putting all their eggs in one basket with Ford.  If he goes down, no one else can catch a ball or run a route?  I think our "NFL" caliber tight end only had 1 catch.  We've been hearing all off-season that he's a mismatch for the defense.  I guess it all comes down to who is distributing the ball.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

It will be fun to watch how the season plays out. 

The result sucked, but unlike Charlie he talks the talk and doesn't blame anyone else but himself.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

If you can’t trust a career low level coach that got let go from Jacksonville University and has two years of success at the DII level just to **** the bed as bad as anyone has ever at there the FBS level who can you trust? At least he runs an offense predicated on a strong offensive line and I read that’s going to be a strength for us this season so we have that going for us.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you can’t trust a career low level coach that got let go from Jacksonville University and has two years of success at the DII level just to **** the bed as bad as anyone has ever at there the FBS level who can you trust? At least he runs an offense predicated on a strong offensive line and I read that’s going to be a strength for us this season so we have that going for us.

Oh the irony. That post reads like a Shark Toothed Jock-Strap, It bites. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Do you know why he was “let go” at JU? Curious, because you make it out to be performance based, and that certainly wasn’t the case. 

Edited by IBulleve
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you can’t trust a career low level coach that got let go from Jacksonville University and has two years of success at the DII level just to **** the bed as bad as anyone has ever at there the FBS level who can you trust? 

He was let go for reasons that had nothing to do with a lack of success during his tenure at JU.  He won 2/3 of his games there and was 9-2 his last 2 years.  I realize Jacksonville is low rent but tired of you using the line that he was fired from JU and that makes him a bum, you are in spin mode.  He may be a bum due to his last performance but he has won wherever he has been and I am not throwing in the towel just yet.

Guest Jonesy Bull
24 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

They seem to really be putting all their eggs in one basket with Ford.  If he goes down, no one else can catch a ball or run a route?  I think our "NFL" caliber tight end only had 1 catch.  We've been hearing all off-season that he's a mismatch for the defense.  I guess it all comes down to who is distributing the ball.

We definately need to get that guy involved in the Offense - if not, what a freaking waste of talent.

I think we will....again its only been 1 game, and we obviously weren't ready for the big tough Badgers.  I just hope we cut down on the mistakes, and continue to improve week by week.  I'm not asking for much!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, IBulleve said:

Do you know why he was “let go” at JU? Curious, because if you did, you wouldn’t be making this statement sound like he was fired

Because they didn’t offer scholarships and he wanted to, want to argue on if that difference of opinion would have been more navigable if he was 101-0 vs 66-35? His next best available job was the step down to D-II which tells me no one else valued his reign anymore than Jacksonville did.

• Upvote 1