• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In Bell I trust

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

6 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

If had that we could still be in the Big East and have CJL at the helm.

don't forget to kill baby hitler

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 hours ago, Friscobull said:

What if our QB can’t make the reads and go through progressions.  He appears to be as illiterate as Dexter Manley when it comes to reading the defense, we all know what they have to do, is BB capable of doing it is the main question.  We shall see, early indications are a resounding no.

😂😂😂😂god **** son....

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Dudes, the illiterate stuff , not necessary. Personal foul late hit out of decade.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

If you can’t trust a career low level coach that got let go from Jacksonville University and has two years of success at the DII level just to **** the bed as bad as anyone has ever at there the FBS level who can you trust? At least he runs an offense predicated on a strong offensive line and I read that’s going to be a strength for us this season so we have that going for us.

You clearly dont like the man. Who would you have chosen? THAT WOULD WANT TO COME HERE. 

Oh and here is an article as to why he was let go at Jacksonville...Maybe you should read it.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/college/jacksonville-dolphins/2015-12-03/story/kerwin-bell-out-jacksonville-university

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

You clearly dont like the man. Who would you have chosen? THAT WOULD WANT TO COME HERE. 

Oh and here is an article as to why he was let go at Jacksonville...Maybe you should read it.

https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/college/jacksonville-dolphins/2015-12-03/story/kerwin-bell-out-jacksonville-university

I actually have no issues with the guy at all and have never actually met him. What I am concerned with is he seemed like quite the reach to be hired on as our  coach and his start here was the single worst performance  I have ever seen. That people have tried to find positives that have nothing to actually draw upon and paint him as a bright spot or our hope is what I take exception to. He has never coached at this level or even close to it and he wasn’t brought in as a position coach but jump all the way to OC. Add to it that his offense seems a lot like other things we have tried to force into our program and have failed miserably and I just want to understand what people are seeing that I don’t. I kind of feel like people are imagining him to be great because we need him to be and not because he is. I hope to g-d I am completely wrong but even if I am that doesn’t change the fact that there isn’t a single thing that indicates he was not a bad hire.

Also not exactly sure how an article where he says he wasn’t philosophically different than the University is supposed to change my mind because I feel that’s what I have been saying. If they were amazed by him outside of a difference of opinion they would have spoken to him or made efforts to agree but that didn’t happen and no one scrambled to pick him up even if they didn't have the scholarship misunderstanding to contend with. Odd to quite odd.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

12 hours ago, puc86 said:

Have you tried saying your reason for hope out loud? The problem is what it always has been and always will be the offensive line. If our line was playing against DII teams they could probably be stellar and his system could work, the types of athletes and defenses we face does not bode well for the type of lineman we can get ever being stellar. If anyone comes in and says the words NFL, Pro style and strong offensive line they should immediately be disqualified from contention. How would you deal with a completely outmatched line or perhaps no line? If your answer is simply to get a better line or coach the guys up you aren’t the guy. Your offense needs to “play to our strengths” and if you need to completely make our program over into something it’s not and that has never worked you aren’t the guy.

Sounds like our offensive line will never be our strength. 

6 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I love this kind of self hate logic. Since (presumably) your significant other is with you and not someone better does that make you think worse of her? Just because Bell wasn't wanted by anyone better doesn't make him a reach. Clearly USF recognized something in him just the same way your significant other did in you.

To your point none of this guarentees anything  but I think people are hopeful over time that he can replicate what he did last year with USF's offense at some point.

It’s not even close to the same thing or self hate. Trying to explain it in terms of a relationship would be difficult waters to navigate but the extent of it would be if someone always dated at a certain level and you were at a much higher station but you picked that person than you most certainly went trogging and could have done “better”. The job situation is where it is most applicable and that’s why resumes exist. Careers are supposed to follow certain progressions where you demonstrate your abilities at improving levels. To jump from McDonald’s to Nobu isn’t often seen and while it may not be impossible for it to work out there is a reason it is rarely tried and that’s because it’s a long shot gamble. 

1 hour ago, Rizman said:

Sounds like our offensive line will never be our strength. 

I’ve embraced this long ago yet for some reason we keep bringing in people that will change that, greater men have failed.

6 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Well I outkicked my coverage and every day I ask myself that question lol

In all seriousness, its not uncommon for low-level head coaches that are successful to join FBS staffs as coordinators. I think Bell has a style of offense that requires a certain type of player and he will either have to recruit those players that fit, or he will have to overhaul his approach to fit the talent he has (e.g. CWT's move from the Stanford-style offense to the Gulf Coast offense).

They looked bad in Game 1 and with all offseason to prepare it was disappointing to see, but I think Bell will need a different quarterback in there that understands and can run his system. Unfortunately, that makes 2019 pretty unwatchable.

I am happy for you and your relationship success but Pretty Woman is a movie and not a documentary because most of the time when you pick up a whore on the side  of the road you get herpes and not a trophy wife. If slumming is all the rage and is successful I would love to hear some of the other success stories of DII coaches with no higher level coaching experience  going straight into FBS coordinator jobs and the average success rate. As for his style offense we know the success rate for anyone that’s tried to get their athletes and diverge from the only things that have been successful here, those that failed were far more accomplished but I am sure being CCS’ friend will make him the one.