• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In Bell I trust

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He was let go for reasons that had nothing to do with a lack of success during his tenure at JU.  He won 2/3 of his games there and was 9-2 his last 2 years.  I realize Jacksonville is low rent but tired of you using the line that he was fired from JU and that makes him a bum, you are in spin mode.  He may be a bum due to his last performance but he has won wherever he has been and I am not throwing in the towel just yet.

He has marginal success in 20 years of coaching at a very very low level with his closest thing to success coming at the lowest level. No one else has seen the genius in him that made them think he should be brought up into the bigger leagues and the only thing we have seen from him shows us why. He may or not end up working out but there is no reason anyone can give to have faith and the offense he is trying to run does not seem to be one that we should expect would work well with our team.  I hope he is the most successful coach we have ever had but people run around here acting like he is a sure thing and will save the program and there is nothing tangible anyone can point to come to that conclusion.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,262
  • Days Won:  25

What puc is saying is he wanted an offensive coordinator brought in with experience coaching at a higher level.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Me looking for positives from Friday

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, TheGreatOutlaw said:

What puc is saying is he wanted an offensive coordinator brought in with experience coaching at a higher level.

Thanks for putting this in layman’s terms for me.  I don’t disagree with anything stated I was just tired of him implying the firing at JU was performance based, that was it.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I really don’t think that’s too novel of an idea, i would have thought it would have been a requirement for the vetting process. I have been pretty vocal about the schism I think exists between P5 and P6 the difference from where I like to pretend we are and D-II is a giant abyss. We went slumming and maybe we find the diamond in the rough but I would think the D-II mine is pretty well picked over and if no one is calling you up for decades I am less than convinced that you are a guaranteed home run hire.

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Thanks for putting this in layman’s terms for me.  I don’t disagree with anything stated I was just tired of him implying the firing at JU was performance based, that was it.  

I think it wasn’t entirely performance based but I also think that if you love everything else about him and are 💯 satisfied with his performance you find a way to either ignore his opinion on scholarships or find a common ground. That he then dropped another level in the ranks to pretty much rock bottom tells me that other teams that had scholarships where his opinion wouldn’t be an issue also didn’t highly value his Jacksonville production either.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Give this time. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think it wasn’t entirely performance based but I also think that if you love everything else about him and are 💯 satisfied with his performance you find a way to either ignore his opinion on scholarships or find a common ground. That he then dropped another level in the ranks to pretty much rock bottom tells me that other teams that had scholarships where his opinion wouldn’t be an issue also didn’t highly value his Jacksonville production either.

I think eventually JU decided he was not worth the headache and cut ties, it is not like football means much anyways To that school.  Only time well tell if he is a mistake.  Opening night did not instill any confidence that he will work out but too early for me to cut bait.

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

I think eventually JU decided he was not worth the headache and cut ties, it is not like football means much anyways To that school.  Only time well tell if he is a mistake.  Opening night did not instill any confidence that he will work out but too early for me to cut bait.

It helps that I am an elitist and hated the hire from the second I said who the **** is that and googled him. We picked a guy that is most famous for an embarrassing GIF. I know we have fallen on hard times but I would like to pretend that we aren’t at the level of needing to pick over DII table scraps and that someone with something that resembled qualifications had to be available.

Guest Jonesy Bull
23 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

That would certainly have been the safer route to go....but sometimes with great risk comes great reward (or not)!