• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

In Bell I trust

Guest Jonesy Bull
15 hours ago, MikeG said:

There is really no mystery involved here imo. In the video the OP posted, Bell describes his 30 year long relationship and fondness for Coach Strong. All the other stats, results, where he coached etc was trumped by one obvious thing.

This was a friend hire.

Does it work out? The first game sure didn't give me a lot of faith. But even if this hiring was sketchy-- you have to let it play out. It has the potential to turn out into yet another CCS blunder. But until the guy s giving several games or even half a season to see how it pans out, I don't see how you can flatly state this is a complete failure.

Perhaps the title of the thread should be "In Bell I Hope and Pray"

Exactly!

I know Society today is always looking for instant gratification......but we have to give this guy at least half the Season to make any real conclusions.  We certainly weren't ready or prepared for Wisconsin (which does seem to be a recurring theme with CCS), but I'm willing to give this new Offensive Staff at least half the season before bringing out the pitch forks.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,325
  • Days Won:  5

We will be as good as Blake’s brain. Seriously, if McDoom catches that ball it could have changed a lot.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I can't speak to Kerwin Bell's offense. I don't know how it will do at this level. I will say, I would rather see us "Stick" to some kind of offense. 

Other than when Spurrier brought his "Fun and Gun" in at UF in 1990 and Tony Franklin implemented the "Air Raid" at MTSU in 2009, rarely do one of these new offenses click right away. 

It took Spurrier 6-7 years to really see success at South Carolina. I am not prepared to judge Bell and the offense after one game. I saw what he was trying to do. Now I am interested in seeing how he adjusts with the talent he currently has. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

I think Bell is qualified. I won’t hold his relationship with Strong against him.

52 points a game average at any level is an accomplishment in my opinion. We see on tape the passing plays were there, the fundamentals weren’t.

I am more concerned with the rushing game, Wisconsin stuffed us, when the last 4 years between Taggart and Gilbert we racked up huge rushing numbers (granted Tags was a lot of option plays, and Gilbert was 75% running plays). I don’t believe Wisconsin is just that good. Maybe when the receivers catch passes it will open things up on the ground, but in week one the rushing seemed really basic. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Gismo said:

I am more concerned with the rushing game,

Yea that was my biggest concern...we have had success rushing and it was completely shut down.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I am happy for you and your relationship success but Pretty Woman is a movie and not a documentary because most of the time when you pick up a whore on the side  of the road you get herpes and not a trophy wife. If slumming is all the rage and is successful I would love to hear some of the other success stories of DII coaches with no higher level coaching experience  going straight into FBS coordinator jobs and the average success rate. As for his style offense we know the success rate for anyone that’s tried to get their athletes and diverge from the only things that have been successful here, those that failed were far more accomplished but I am sure being CCS’ friend will make him the one.

Lol Pretty Woman is a movie not a documentary...first time I've ever been impressed by Puc!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  810
  • Days Won:  1

47 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yea that was my biggest concern...we have had success rushing and it was completely shut down.

The Wisconsin defense practices against one of the best rushing offenses.  I'm sure they are really good at stopping the rush.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

39 minutes ago, mj796 said:

Lol Pretty Woman is a movie not a documentary...first time I've ever been impressed by Puc!

That’s the first step towards becoming a fan.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

If slumming is all the rage and is successful I would love to hear some of the other success stories of DII coaches with no higher level coaching experience  going straight into FBS coordinator jobs and the average success rate.

These may be more one off successes but two high school head coaches to FBS OCs are Chad Morris (became Tulsa OC, now HC at Arkansas) and Gus Malzahn (Arkansas OC, now HC at Auburn).

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, USFDan said:

These may be more one off successes but two high school head coaches to FBS OCs are Chad Morris (became Tulsa OC, now HC at Arkansas) and Gus Malzahn (Arkansas OC, now HC at Auburn).

I was going to say “ya but to low level places like Tulsa” but then I googled it and it seems Tulsa is in our conference, fml I hate the AAC.

• Haha 1