• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In Bell I trust

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

That would certainly have been the safer route to go....but sometimes with great risk comes great reward (or not)!

That’s why I said **** it to a 401k and have invested solely in the Fl lottery, I mean like the commercials say someone wins, right?

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It helps that I am an elitist and hated the hire from the second I said who the **** is that and googled him. We picked a guy that is most famous for an embarrassing GIF. I know we have fallen on hard times but I would like to pretend that we aren’t at the level of needing to pick over DII table scraps and that someone with something that resembled qualifications had to be available.

I remember him playing in college, he really was not that good, had one good year.  The spike to the balls was epic.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, puc86 said:

That’s why I said **** it to a 401k and have invested solely in the Fl lottery, I mean like the commercials say someone wins, right?

I think the hiring of KB has much greater odds than investing solely in the FL Lottery.....lets not get crazy now.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I too was meh about the hire and the flowery prose coming out of training camp.

Show me. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I think the hiring of KB has much greater odds than investing solely in the FL Lottery.....lets not get crazy now.

Probably but I felt we needed a sure fire win with the hire and this hire seems way more risk than reward. It’s a bold strategy for someone known for being more conservative than risk seeking. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Not gonna lie after last week I don't have much faith in Bell.  I don't think the team should have been that bad offensively, and I'm realllllly concerned about the video in this thread where he reiterated this is a "pro style offense".  

We are not built for that.  And blaming Blake for not doing his progressions, when the pocket collapses quick, worries me.  Not saying he's wrong to point that out, but I feel like as the OC he needs to adjust to what his players are doing and what the opposing defense is taking away.  

Relying on a pro style offense is what held Taggart back (at first) and I don't want to rewatch that show.

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghostbuster said:

Not gonna lie after last week I don't have much faith in Bell.  I don't think the team should have been that bad offensively, and I'm realllllly concerned about the video in this thread where he reiterated this is a "pro style offense".  

We are not built for that.  And blaming Blake for not doing his progressions, when the pocket collapses quick, worries me.  Not saying he's wrong to point that out, but I feel like as the OC he needs to adjust to what his players are doing and what the opposing defense is taking away.  

Relying on a pro style offense is what held Taggart back and I don't want to rewatch that show.

It’s just that all the other times anyone has tried to implement it they weren’t led by such a force from the mighty DII ranks. Also it isn’t only pro style it also has Spurrier’s spread offense which does have spread in the name but has nothing to do with any type of spread we have ever had success with here.

• Topic Count:  2,323
  • Content Count:  21,266
  • Days Won:  10

Just now, Ghostbuster said:

Not gonna lie after last week I don't have much faith in him.  I don't think the team should have been that bad offensively, and I'm realllllly concerned about the video in this thread where he reiterated this is a "pro style offense".  

Relying on a pro style offense is what held Taggart back and I don't want to rewatch that show.

Only thing I am hanging my hope on is that he did at at a DII school and got it to work, we should be able to.  Question is how long did it take that team adapt and how long will it take ours?     Can they?    Will be interesting to see and frustrating.

3 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Only thing I am hanging my hope on is that he did at at a DII school and got it to work, we should be able to.  Question is how long did it take that team adapt and how long will it take ours?     Can they?    Will be interesting to see and frustrating.

Have you tried saying your reason for hope out loud? The problem is what it always has been and always will be the offensive line. If our line was playing against DII teams they could probably be stellar and his system could work, the types of athletes and defenses we face does not bode well for the type of lineman we can get ever being stellar. If anyone comes in and says the words NFL, Pro style and strong offensive line they should immediately be disqualified from contention. How would you deal with a completely outmatched line or perhaps no line? If your answer is simply to get a better line or coach the guys up you aren’t the guy. Your offense needs to “play to our strengths” and if you need to completely make our program over into something it’s not and that has never worked you aren’t the guy.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,351
  • Days Won:  4

I loved his scheme. Players just exucuted it very very poorly. I think we will see improvements every week

• Like 1