• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This will be the last year that divisions will be used in AAC FB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And being in the AAC hasn’t felt this way? I would rather sigh 2 for 1’s like they are going out of style, become road warriors, have less home games but at least when we have them it feels more like this Friday and less like that dead empty feeling inside as you beg and plead with people to come to the games with you. You are lucky you get to watch from New England and haven’t got to experience all of the “value” the AAC has brought to our program and the community.

I am fine with playing anyone any time but we would not get many big games. Could be like Umass. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Not to mention have the horrible back to back games where the same two teams play each consecutive weeks

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am fine with playing anyone any time but we would not get many big games. Could be like Umass. 

We seem to have no trouble booking big time opponents at current even if we have to give up more two for ones than we please, I am not sure why that would dry up if we had more availability. It’s not a path that many have been willing to journey at current but it maybe crazy enough to work when you consider that our AAC home games are worth negative money. Get paid more often, have fewer home games and have those home games garner more interest and money. I really fail to see a downside and we really have nothing to lose.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Not to mention have the horrible back to back games where the same two teams play each consecutive weeks

Precisely this. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s not a path that many have been willing to journey at current but it maybe crazy enough to work when you consider that our AAC home games are worth negative money. Get paid more often, have fewer home games and have those home games garner more interest and money.

Would this make up the $$$ we lose out on without our current cut of the AAC media rights deal?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

when you consider that our AAC home games are worth negative money. 

ESPN valued AAC home games enough to dole out 7 million per year per team for the next decade.

The AAC has a 10 million dollar exit fee .

Leaving our dumb conference would be worse financially

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

ESPN valued AAC home games enough to dole out 7 million per year per team for the next decade.

This

14 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

I don’t want to pay $10 million that’s why i said I hope they disband or vote us out out. Also $7 million isn’t that hard to get to if you actually start making money on your home games, get paid out on more pay games and maybe sell some of the TV games against high profile opponents. I’m sure cbs, Fox, espn would have no desire to pay for Wisconsin, Texas and Florida rights when they are busy writing checks for those high profile games against Tulsa and Tulane.

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This

Just now, puc86 said:

I don’t want to pay $10 million that’s why i said I hope they disband or vote us out out. Also $7 million isn’t that hard to get to if you actually start making money on your home games, get paid out on more pay games and maybe sell some of the TV games against high profile opponents. I’m sure cbs, Fox, espn would have no desire to pay for Wisconsin, Texas and Florida rights when they are busy writing checks for those high profile games against Tulsa and Tulane.

This 

21 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Would this make up the $$$ we lose out on without our current cut of the AAC media rights deal?

$7 million dollars isn’t a ton of money and our current setup leads to millions of dollars in losses every season. Something needs to change at some point because the AAC ain’t it.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

@puc86 is like a Vietnamese soldier in the jungle fighting a war that ended long ago. He refuses to accept the outcome. It is both beautiful and sad at the same time. 

• Downvote 1