• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This will be the last year that divisions will be used in AAC FB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

@puc86 is like a Vietnamese soldier in the jungle fighting a war that ended long ago. He refuses to accept the outcome. It is both beautiful and sad at the same time. 

The robo goat will rise again.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I'm pretty sure the coaches voted down on this idea at the weird lobster bake.

Isn't it silly to have a championship game when #1 outperforms #2 for an entire conference schedule?  I'd be a little pissed off if I won the regular season conference and had to play to have the championship made official.  

When/if that scenario comes up under this format I guess we can discuss the silliness factor. Bottom line, it's just another imperfect way for a conference to crown a champion.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

51 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I don’t want to pay $10 million that’s why i said I hope they disband or vote us out out. Also $7 million isn’t that hard to get to if you actually start making money on your home games, get paid out on more pay games and maybe sell some of the TV games against high profile opponents. I’m sure cbs, Fox, espn would have no desire to pay for Wisconsin, Texas and Florida rights when they are busy writing checks for those high profile games against Tulsa and Tulane.

This 

When you have to quote yourself to get an agreement you have lost. Going independent is a loser and zero chance of working...it is simple economics. 

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

When you have to quote yourself to get an agreement you have lost. Going independent is a loser and zero chance of working...it is simple economics. 

Florida State, Miami, Notre Dame, Penn State, BYU, Boston College, Army, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, West Virginia, Virginia Tech and soon to UConn et al would all like to disagree with you.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Florida State, Miami, Notre Dame, Penn State, BYU, Boston College, Army, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, West Virginia, Virginia Tech and soon to UConn et al would all like to disagree with you.

Most of those teams were independent...but in the 1970s and 80s. Th world of CFB has changed. The metric of those schools are no longer applicable. BYU can pull it off due to their religious fan following. Notre Dame has tradition, and Army has the support of an entire nation. USF has none of those attributes. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Most of those teams were independent...but in the 1970s and 80s. Th world of CFB has changed. The metric of those schools are no longer applicable. BYU can pull it off due to their religious fan following. Notre Dame has tradition, and Army has the support of an entire nation. USF has none of those attributes. 

1) I didn’t pick one that wasn’t independent into at least the 90’s

2) There isn’t very many teams that have tried to test the theory in 2019 but that doesn’t make it impossible I would argue there are many factors that would make it more viable in the current climate 

3) Then I will just start a religion, it’s always been on my vision board anyway 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

Just now, puc86 said:

3) Then I will just start a religion, it’s always been on my vision board anyway 

That was going to be my response, but I decided to stay out of this one.  :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brad said:

That was going to be my response, but I decided to stay out of this one.  :)

Probably smarter but self awareness I would guess  isn’t a good attribute to have when one is trying to start a religion from scratch. Fortuna favors the bold.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

But here's the terrific news, especially for @puc86

AAC to preserve UCF, USF game as it pushes to eliminate football divisions

•  

If the AAC waiver is approved, Aresco said the conference will have to look at either establishing permanent opponents such as UCF and USF facing off each year or set up a different conference schedule format that still allows the Knights and Bulls to meet annually.

“They’re our biggest rivalry game, and you could argue that we don’t have as many true rivalry games as other conferences. We’re developing them, but we don’t have them yet,” Aresco said of UCF and USF.

link

• Haha 1

Just now, Brad said:

But here's the terrific news, especially for @puc86

AAC to preserve UCF, USF game as it pushes to eliminate football divisions

• By Matt Murschel Orlando Sentinel (TNS)
  •  
    • 2 hrs ago

link

🤢