• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This will be the last year that divisions will be used in AAC FB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Now we can look forward to playing UCF not once, but TWICE! 

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 hours ago, Gismo said:

Now we can look forward to playing UCF not once, but TWICE! 

Go Bulls!

I preferred when we played them zero times 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I dislike UCF as much as any Bull, but it's hard to argue against Aresco's point. It's a big game for the conference and a big game for both our schools annually now. We need those big visible games...and of course we need to win  :04-rock:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

We seem to have no trouble booking big time opponents at current even if we have to give up more two for ones than we please, I am not sure why that would dry up if we had more availability. It’s not a path that many have been willing to journey at current but it maybe crazy enough to work when you consider that our AAC home games are worth negative money. Get paid more often, have fewer home games and have those home games garner more interest and money. I really fail to see a downside and we really have nothing to lose.

The fact that you wouldn't be in a conference might be a reason it would dry up.  Let's see how many times Alabama, Clemson, ND, FSU, etc. line up to play UConn now that they are an Independent.  

Scheduling USF, who would be 2 - 10 every year playing those teams, wouldn't do much for your strength of schedule.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

USF v. UCF is becoming a nationally recognized rivalry. It is THE marquee regular season game in the AAC and ESPN loves having it to air on Black Friday. This game isn't going anywhere, like it or not. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am good with beating them for the AAC Championship 

27 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The fact that you wouldn't be in a conference might be a reason it would dry up.  Let's see how many times Alabama, Clemson, ND, FSU, etc. line up to play UConn now that they are an Independent.  

Scheduling USF, who would be 2 - 10 every year playing those teams, wouldn't do much for your strength of schedule.

Why exactly would we be 2-10? Pretty sure if we are playing P5 teams more regularly it would do more for our strength of schedule than our AAC slate.

41 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

I dislike UCF as much as any Bull, but it's hard to argue against Aresco's point. It's a big game for the conference and a big game for both our schools annually now. We need those big visible games...and of course we need to win  :04-rock:

I typically find arguing against Aresco to fall somewhere between easy and quite easy. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Why exactly would we be 2-10? Pretty sure if we are playing P5 teams more regularly it would do more for our strength of schedule than our AAC slate.

You're going to recruit players how exactly?  Tell them they have a chance at a National Title?  You can't entice them with a Conference Title so that will be all you have.

Just now, CousinRicky said:

You're going to recruit players how exactly?  Tell them they have a chance at a National Title?  You can't entice them with a Conference Title so that will be all you have.

I am pretty sure when we talk to players right now we focus more on the games against Texas and Florida than we do about whoever it is that is in the AAC this week that not one HS kid has ever heard of before. Who is it exactly save NEB that goes to bed dreaming at night about becoming an AAC champion? You get to play teams you care about and have the opportunity to be world beaters, that would be far more appealing to me than winning a championship that no one knows or cares about.