• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Linebacker problems again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, Corey lea said:

I'm positive he couldn't start at Vandy. 

To slow for ACC and Big 12 pass HAPPY O's. Sanchez was slow but solid. Sawtelle is slow and not good in space. Very unreliable!!!!

Just name a few players on our defense that are better than Sawtelle besides Hampton or Reaves. I'm dying to know who those players are, because I haven't seen them

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

It was a beautiful thing to not worry about defensive depth and specifically linebacker depth back in the day. We were freaking spoiled. Fun defenses to watch.....

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, WhoRUSF said:

Just name a few players on our defense that are better than Sawtelle besides Hampton or Reaves. I'm dying to know who those players are, because I haven't seen them

From a leadership standpoint, no one I have seen as of yet. From an ability standpoint, Sails, if eligible, is better, Livingstone might be. We will see this year, especially with the return of Reeves on the other side. Studstill and Macon may be better, but we really don't know at this point. 

I would agree, he was probably our 3rd best returning defender. It is not a negligible loss no matter how much some might want to make it out to be. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

We will all be saying Macon on Saturday morning 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

10 minutes ago, MSBulls said:

It was a beautiful thing to not worry about defensive depth and specifically linebacker depth back in the day. We were freaking spoiled. Fun defenses to watch.....

Oh for the days of Jacquain Williams...

For the record I believe he's the best LB to ever play here. Strong, athletic, fast, could play in every level of the defense and he proved it in the NFL. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

For the record I believe he's the best LB to ever play here. Strong, athletic, fast, could play in every level of the defense and he proved it in the NFL. 

He was a linebacker who could truly do it all. He could play in, out and all over. Dude was awesome. Then we had all our other enforcers who have't been mentioned... Gets me excited just thinking about how nasty those guys played. Pleasure to watch!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

I think Tyrone Mckenzie, Kawika Mitchell, Stephen Nicholas, Patrick St Louis, DeDe Lattimore,  Sam Barrington, Ben Moffitt,  Auggie Sanchez, NIgel Harris and hell maybe even Kion Wilson beg to differ. There is probably more but I really got involved around 2002 and my brain is getting old so I am sure I left some guys out.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,336
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I think Tyrone Mckenzie, Kawika Mitchell, Stephen Nicholas, Patrick St Louis, DeDe Lattimore,  Sam Barrington, Ben Moffitt,  Auggie Sanchez, NIgel Harris and hell maybe even Kion Wilson beg to differ. There is probably more but I really got involved around 2002 and my brain is getting old so I am sure I left some guys out.

USFLinebackers.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
34 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We will all be saying Macon on Saturday morning 

Yep - we will be Macon Bacon!