• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Linebacker problems again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Now that Sawtelle is pretty much done, according to the depth chart the first two off the bench are true freshmen and not very big ones.  Taevion Gray is listed as 208 lbs and if my memory serves was DE in highschool.  Then you have Demaurez bellamy who is listed at 223 and wasn't even our highest rated LB that we signed last year. Darius Williams was the bigger recruit and guess he is out of shape at 250 lbs.  Behind them a gaggle of walk ons and converts from other positions.  Brian Norris and trey Lang switched. Walk ons Dakota Trice, AJ Franco, Andrew Mims and everyones favorite name Camp Gobler.  Then you have Randall Copeland who we haven't really heard his name.  I am concerned.   Yes we have three starters but after that we look to be in trouble.

Edited by Bullrush33

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

gonna be a tough year

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Wisconsin gonna have a record setting game Friday. True freshmen LBs trying to stop them, lol. 

How do we we end up this way?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Guys!!!! I myself enjoy hitting the old "Panic Button" but, please just relax. Sit back en enjoy the season as it unfolds. You may just enjoy yourselves.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  446

33 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Now that Sawtelle is pretty much done, according to the depth chart the first two off the bench are true freshmen and not very big ones.  Taevion Gray is listed as 208 lbs and if my memory serves was DE in highschool.  Then you have Demaurez bellamy who is listed at 223 and wasn't even our highest rated LB that we signed last year. Darius Williams was the bigger recruit and guess he is out of shape at 250 lbs.  Behind them a gaggle of walk ons and converts from other positions.  Brian Norris and trey Lang switched. Walk ons Dakota Trice, AJ Franco, Andrew Mims and everyones favorite name Camp Gobler.  Then you have Randall Copeland who we haven't really heard his name.  I am concerned.   Yes we have three starters but after that we look to be in trouble.

The depth chart i look at saw 55 patrick macon next in line or equal to sawtelle.. 6 3 245 lbs..bigger than sawtelle.

what are you looking at?

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649

Actually Boyles or Grier either one could slide to the middle if Macon gets hurt. Sawtelle's loss is that big of a deal. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

CBJM feels good about the depth at LB and said he can rotate 7 to 8 players within the LB group as opposed to 3 to 4 players last year.

Friday will tell us a lot.

https://gousfbulls.com/news/2019/8/26/football-usf-camp-closer-more-observations-heading-into-game-week.aspx

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

7 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Actually Boyles or Grier either one could slide to the middle if Macon gets hurt. Sawtelle's loss is that big of a deal. 

Your disdain for Sawtelle is well documented, but we are not stacked at LB and a loss of his leadership is massive. You can keep trying to kid yourself to further whatever weird agenda you have, but the loss of Sawtelle was huge last year (and a good part of the reason we went 1-6 without him) and it COULD be equally as big this year. We don't have depth/talent at the LB position, especially considering that we will likely have 3 of them on the field for most plays against Wisconsin. You can keep fooling yourself if you want to, but this is a reason for concern, not panic, but concern. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

12 minutes ago, JJZbulls said:

The depth chart i look at saw 55 patrick macon next in line or equal to sawtelle.. 6 3 245 lbs..bigger than sawtelle.

what are you looking at?

Sawtelle is not playing. So Macon is starting with Boyles and Grier. After that TRUE freshmen are the backups.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

1. Trey Laing totaled 42 tackles (30 solo), 17.5 sacks, 25.0 tackles for loss, an interception, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and three pass breakups. I'm going to give this man the benefit of the doubt that he can play and possibly actually tackle another player. 

2. Demaurez Bellamy is a baller with high energy

3. Andrew Mims is having a great camp

4. Camp Gobler will be a star on special teams. He runs a 4.8 40yd. 

5. Boyles and Grier hit the weight room hard this off season and look the part. 

If you are worried, there is plenty of information and highlight films on our current linebackers  for you to decided what type of impact they can possibly make. I have no worries on our group of LBs.