• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Linebacker problems again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

18 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

Guys, guys, guys...you are all missing the point here, which is that we have a kid on our team named, Camp Gobler!!!

Name of the year winner right there.

Special teams player of the year candidate. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

13 hours ago, Corey lea said:

That's because they were young and inexperienced. Now that they have more experience under their belt and added strength, they are ready to perform. Another way to look at it is that this program was devoid of talent so Sawtelle got to play. Sawtelle could not start from any P5 program and probably wouldn't get much run on special teams. Again, do you want a championship or give participation trophies? If you want this program to elevate its status then we must put P5 type players on the roster. Now that we can contact P5 players via the portal, the dynamics have changed. 

Sawtelle is easily our 3rd best defensive player behind Hampton and Reaves. You're telling me that nobody on our defense would start on Vanderbilt?  Kansas? Duke? This is why people ask if you have something personal against Nico, because there is no way you can think he is that bad. The only thing you've said about him is that he's slow, but he is always in position, and is a better tackler than most of our team. You don't judge players on speed / athleticism alone. Give me a smart instinctual middle linebacker with a high motor any day of the week. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

People crapped all over Sanchez when he was playing because he wasn't fast enough or strong enough.  Now we miss him like crazy.  Sawtelle, while maybe not quite as good as Sanchez but I don't really know, was missed last half of last year and will be missed this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Sawtelle is easily our 3rd best defensive player behind Hampton and Reaves. You're telling me that nobody on our defense would start on Vanderbilt?  Kansas? Duke? This is why people ask if you have something personal against Nico, because there is no way you can think he is that bad. The only thing you've said about him is that he's slow, but he is always in position, and is a better tackler than most of our team. You don't judge players on speed / athleticism alone. Give me a smart instinctual middle linebacker with a high motor any day of the week. 

I'm positive he couldn't start at Vandy. 

To slow for ACC and Big 12 pass HAPPY O's. Sanchez was slow but solid. Sawtelle is slow and not good in space. Very unreliable!!!!

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Again, there is no way the kid would have survived an entire season without being hurt. It was going to happen it just happened early. Time to stop whining and feeling sorry and move on...I am sure the players on the team have. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Yep....

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

38 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Again, there is no way the kid would have survived an entire season without being hurt. It was going to happen it just happened early. Time to stop whining and feeling sorry and move on...I am sure the players on the team have. 

Not feeling sorry and I know we have some talented kids waiting in the wings, but Wisconsin was the one game that I really wanted him to be ready for. I liked our chances better with him than without him. We have discussed the other options and, right now, they are just a bunch of question marks. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

59 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So he couldn't get better year over year but your high school phenom can?  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yep....

Darius Williams is the future at middle linebacker. He already has the size and his instincts on tape are impressive.