• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expert predictions and the key to a Bulls Victory

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

This is probably the best representation of the type of game we will see. JT runs for 300+ and Purdue has every chance in the world to win this game - 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

16 hours ago, Calibull said:

I think the defense will be more stout than most think.  I think we'll get good disruption and we have LBs who can clean up now.  I think we'll hold Taylor to under 200... and I think our secondary is actually a good match with their Wrs.  

I think the offense will hit on some big plays early... once Bell gets into a rhythm play calling, I think we'll pull away last.  Bell is going to attack their 3-4 and good luck with Ford in the slot.  I think we'll have an athletic advantage and that their inexperience at QB will factor in. 

We reshirted a lot of talent last year. Everybody is familiar with Slade and Macon, but Tyrik Jones in my opinion will be that guy who makes a lot of impact plays. I just don't see us not improving on defense. 

New Players on the defensive line or players playing for the first time –

1. Slade DE
  2. Macon LB
  3. Tyrik Jones DE (Most slept on addition I feel will be an impact player)
  4. Thomas Nance –DE (Will play as a freshmen)
  5. John Waller DT
  6. Armon Williams DT
  7. Blake green DT
  8. Trey Laing LB (He played like 2 seconds in the bowl game so I still added him to this list)
  9. Camp Cobbler LB (Freshman who will ball out on special teams. Remember this name)

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We reshirted a lot of talent last year. Everybody is familiar with Slade and Macon, but Tyrik Jones in my opinion will be that guy who makes a lot of impact plays. I just don't see us not improving on defense. 

New Players on the defensive line or players playing for the first time –

1. Slade DE
  2. Macon LB
  3. Tyrik Jones DE (Most slept on addition I feel will be an impact player)
  4. Thomas Nance –DE (Will play as a freshmen)
  5. John Waller DT
  6. Armon Williams DT
  7. Blake green DT
  8. Trey Laing LB (He played like 2 seconds in the bowl game so I still added him to this list)
  9. Camp Cobbler LB (Freshman who will ball out on special teams. Remember this name)

I think we see a vast improvement on defense.  I noticed that we have a base 4-3... 

Sawtelle Boyles and Grier to me is a good starting group and the second group... I do think Macon will see a lot of playing time and could end up starting by seasons end.

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

The outside zone run has been our Achilles last few seasons something WI has turned into an artform.  This could be a barnburner based on that.  I don't see us improving that much to stop WI.  Sorry to be a Debbie downer.  Barn Burner but we have so much on offense to keep up I think we win 50 something to 45 crazy as that sounds.

I  remember our defense going from barely a top 100 to a top 30 over the off-season.  The difference was Senat, Hector, and Love getting better over that summer.  I think we stop them.  Most haven't even noticed we changed our defense... which is astonishing actually.  Nobody has even brought up the fact that we're not in a 3-3-5 but rather a 4-3...  So why should I listen when someone says they don't think the defense will improve? 

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

The outside zone run has been our Achilles last few seasons something WI has turned into an artform.  This could be a barnburner based on that.  I don't see us improving that much to stop WI.  Sorry to be a Debbie downer.  Barn Burner but we have so much on offense to keep up I think we win 50 something to 45 crazy as that sounds.

We used to do that week in and week out. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I have it 38-24 Wisconsin.  We play it extremely close until the 4th but they pull away late when those 3-4yd runs start becoming 6-8 yard runs.   Note, Wisconsin probably beats us something like 49-13 last season so this team is definitely improved but Wisconsin is a tough out for us just because of their program's "identity".  

We keep looking at our defense and their offense... I'm not sure Wisconsin will be able to stop our offense.  at all. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Wisconsin 42, USF 27.

Knowing CCS we will settle for FGs at least twice, particularly with newfound confidence in the kicking game (kicker duo). KB will intro some fun wrinkles and we'll get a few splash scores, but it won't keep up with JT's pace - Wisky won't need to try for many FGs because their running game will gash our D and wear out the D-line and LBs completely by 4th quarter - and we don't have the horses to keep changing out fresh, dependable legs across the D. They won't have difficulty converting first downs with the running game and will run down the clock - I don't predict our O will be able to get on the field enough and work out kinks fast enough (or give the D enough break time) - but it would be extremely exciting if they can and do. Turnovers at the handoff may be a risk for them and would make the game exciting if we can pounce on a fumble or two. Watching how well their run game sells our DBs into allowing the pass will also be interesting and hopefully not too depressing. 

They'll be lucky to get to 200 yards rushing as a team.  I just dont think their oline will be that good this year nor do I think Taylor will have the type of season he had last season.  Taylor was running behind a monster line that continuity but saw 4 guys leave.  I get it... they can run the ball, but that changes from year to year how effective and if you don't think losing four 3 plus year starters wont make a difference, you're not considering some important ****.   I think we win going away.  I don't think they'll do well in the weather, a ton of first time starters, road game with a team you don't know a lot about and a coach with this game circled because he wants a signature win.  We're going to win.