• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Corey lea

Expert predictions and the key to a Bulls Victory

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm figuring more like 275+.  Don't see how we survive that.

I don't think it will happen. He isn't that good. They have been dinged up and rely on the TEs. If our LBs play up to the challenge this game I like our chances

• Upvote 1

I think the defense will be more stout than most think.  I think we'll get good disruption and we have LBs who can clean up now.  I think we'll hold Taylor to under 200... and I think our secondary is actually a good match with their Wrs.  

I think the offense will hit on some big plays early... once Bell gets into a rhythm play calling, I think we'll pull away last.  Bell is going to attack their 3-4 and good luck with Ford in the slot.  I think we'll have an athletic advantage and that their inexperience at QB will factor in. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Calibull said:

I think the defense will be more stout than most think.  I think we'll get good disruption and we have LBs who can clean up now.  I think we'll hold Taylor to under 200... and I think our secondary is actually a good match with their Wrs.  

I think the offense will hit on some big plays early... once Bell gets into a rhythm play calling, I think we'll pull away last.  Bell is going to attack their 3-4 and good luck with Ford in the slot.  I think we'll have an athletic advantage and that their inexperience at QB will factor in. 

This is pie in the sky wishing basing it on a bunch of trfs and new guys that haven't played much together.  Will they get better as the year goes on? Hopefully.  Will they come out stout enough right out of the game against a quality opponent? We'll see.

Edited by CousinRicky

Judging by the Florida/Miami game, with this being the first game of the season it will probably be kind of sloppy with lots of penalties. 

I think this game could go either way, which means something like a missed FG or Special Teams mishap could make the difference. 

Since I still think our Special Teams is a bit shaky (until I see otherwise), I'm going to go with Whisky squeaking this one out 31-28.  We leave disappointed in the loss, but hopeful for a good rest of the season.

15 hours ago, Calibull said:

24 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

This is pie in the sky wishing basing it on a bunch of trfs and new guys that haven't played much together.  Will they get better as the year goes on? Hopefully.  Will they come out stout enough right out of the game against a quality opponent? We'll see.

Pretty much every even remotely positive assessment, on both sides of the ball, going into this game is pie in the sky wishing based on the unknowns ....

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, feardabull said:

Did I miss something?  I dont see any expert predictions.

Yeah, I got baited in again. I thought there would be an article, not a topic we have discussed ad nauseum disguised as something new.   

Edited by BrassBulls12

I put my expert prediction here:

I recommend all other experts do the same.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

I don't think it will happen. He isn't that good.

The guy that's tied for fastest freshmen to 1000 yards isnt that good? 

The others in same group to do that are Emmit Smith, Marshall Faulk and Adrian Peterson. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

22 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

The guy that's tied for fastest freshmen to 1000 yards isnt that good? 

The others in same group to do that are Emmit Smith, Marshall Faulk and Adrian Peterson. 

The quoted text was in reference to their QB, Coan. He started 4 games last season, played in 5, and only totaled 515 passing yards. He is the one that isn't good. Jonathan Taylor is likely the best RB in all of college football. 

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

The quoted text was in reference to their QB, Coan. He started 4 games last season, played in 5, and only totaled 515 passing yards. He is the one that isn't good. Jonathan Taylor is likely the best RB in all of college football. 

Ok that makes more sense now.

Yea we need to get pressure on the qb maybe force some turnovers or atleast get sacks.