• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Expert predictions and the key to a Bulls Victory

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Thebullsfan said:

Rush the field like it's 07'?!?!

I will languor the field with you; we may not bring the numbers of old but they won’t see it coming and will lack the practice they used to have.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Wisconsin offense vs USF defense 

Jonathan Taylor ran for 831 yards in Wisconsin’s last 4 games (207 ypg) and Wisc went 2-2, including an OT win against Purdue. He had 6 & 9.7 YPC respectively against Michigan and Penn State 

The key to beating Wisc isn’t stopping JT. Anyone who thinks we are going to “stop” JT is crazy. There isn’t a team in the country that can go into a game against Wisc and confidently say they are going to shutdown this guy. 

The key is to make sure that when they do pass, we don’t allow chunk plays and easy conversions on 3rd down. JT is going to get his, but we absolutely can NOT allow their pass game to get into any sort of rhythm. When you get Wisc in 3rd and 5 or longer, you absolutely have to make a stop. I think we will get after Coan and force him into a mistake or three. 

USF offense vs Wisconsin defense 

On the other side of the ball, we have to limit the pre snap penalties. I think we all expect some highs and lows with a Week 1 game in a new system. The key here will be limiting the false starts, illegal motions, etc that put you behind the chains. Pre snap penalties lead to short drives, which in turn leads to a tired defense. That’s a recipe for disaster against these guys. 

I expect KB to focus on the short pass game (motion to option routes, screens, etc) early in the game to establish a rhythm. We have enough talent to force missed tackles and find chunk plays without putting too much pressure on the OL. I truly think BB and co. will have a field day here. 

Special Teams

This is where the game will be decided IMO. Wisconsin will have a new kicker, while USF seems sold on using a 2 kicker system (insert a wait, wut? emoji). I don’t expect Horne to be the KR, but there’s still plenty of talent here for this to be a game changer for us. 

My official prediction is 37-34 Bulls with Wisconsin missing a game tying FG at the buzzer. 

TL;DR

Bulls win, go crazy folks 

The key is to not letting them run wild .. I rather sell out to stop the run and let their QB try to throw it on our secondary all day than to let Taylor run for 300+ yards which is what I think they’ll try to do..

i hope KJ gets cleared and leave him and Hampton on and island bs their WRs and we sell out to stop the run every time.  If they beat us thru the air so be it. I can live with that.. if they beat us through the ground and pound then I’d be very upset.  

Fact is they have 4 new starters on OL and a new QB.. what they did last year vs penn st and Michigan is irrelevant. Letting them run also keep our Offense off the field and a shoot out benefits us .. so BJM if your reading this .. sell out to Stop the run!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I will languor the field with you; we may not bring the numbers of old but they won’t see it coming and will lack the practice they used to have.

Dude you are not a spring chicken anymore...you may get a hernia climbing over and your bursitis will not allow you to land on the field....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Dude you are not a spring chicken anymore...you may get a hernia climbing over and your bursitis will not allow you to land on the field....

Alcohol is the great equalizer and the fountain of youth.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, NYCbull said:

The key is to not letting them run wild .. I rather sell out to stop the run and let their QB try to throw it on our secondary all day than to let Taylor run for 300+ yards which is what I think they’ll try to do..

i hope KJ gets cleared and leave him and Hampton on and island bs their WRs and we sell out to stop the run every time.  If they beat us thru the air so be it. I can live with that.. if they beat us through the ground and pound then I’d be very upset.  

Fact is they have 4 new starters on OL and a new QB.. what they did last year vs penn st and Michigan is irrelevant. Letting them run also keep our Offense off the field and a shoot out benefits us .. so BJM if your reading this .. sell out to Stop the run!!!!! 

Of course we need to try and limit the run game, but the point in providing those stats is to show that even in games where JT runs for 150+, Wisconsin isn’t guaranteed to win. That was mostly for those that simply say, “JT will run all over us and we will get crushed”. 

The key difference in the games they won verse lost is how they were able to complement the run game. We can survive a 150-200 yard performance by Jt. We can’t survive a 150-200 yard performance with Coan also finding success on 3rd down.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

4 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Of course we need to try and limit the run game, but the point in providing those stats is to show that even in games where JT runs for 150+, Wisconsin isn’t guaranteed to win. That was mostly for those that simply say, “JT will run all over us and we will get crushed”. 

The key difference in the games they won verse lost is how they were able to complement the run game. We can survive a 150-200 yard performance by Jt. We can’t survive a 150-200 yard performance with Coan also finding success on 3rd down.  

I'm figuring more like 275+.  Don't see how we survive that.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Shootout is our only chance in this game...our offense has to be clicking big time to have a chance in this game.

The focus should be more on our offense than on our defense...cause JT is just going to run crazy I am afraid.  

If we hold JT under 200 yards I would be thrilled.   Offense needs to atleast score 35+ points which could be asking alot in facing a defense that likes to bring zone blitzes and installing a new offense.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

Funnily enough, efficient, high scoring offense is the key to this game. 

Everyone is right. We won't stop Taylor-no one has in two years. 

The key to beating Wisconsin is keeping him off the field. Use all of our options on offense, stay on schedule, score on 50% to 60% of our drives and get a first down on at 80-90% of the drives. I remember seeing a statistic a long time ago that any team that converted a first down on at least 75% of it's drives had a much higher likelihood of winning the game. It will be a hot and humid Tampa day, something Wisconsin hasn't seen in 30 years. They beat Miami sure, but the first time was in wintertime Miami, and the second was in freezing NYC. 

The defense is deeper and can stay a lot fresher than last year, but not having to defend on 20 drives will help a lot. 

That said, I think the offense will have a tough time given they're breaking in a brand new offense against another team for the first time. They may have learned it well, but game speed is something different. 

Wisconsin 35, USF 28. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Alcohol is the great equalizer and the fountain of youth.

🤘🤘🤘

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

5 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Wisconsin offense vs USF defense 

Jonathan Taylor ran for 831 yards in Wisconsin’s last 4 games (207 ypg) and Wisc went 2-2, including an OT win against Purdue. He had 6 & 9.7 YPC respectively against Michigan and Penn State 

The key to beating Wisc isn’t stopping JT. Anyone who thinks we are going to “stop” JT is crazy. There isn’t a team in the country that can go into a game against Wisc and confidently say they are going to shutdown this guy. 

The key is to make sure that when they do pass, we don’t allow chunk plays and easy conversions on 3rd down. JT is going to get his, but we absolutely can NOT allow their pass game to get into any sort of rhythm. When you get Wisc in 3rd and 5 or longer, you absolutely have to make a stop. I think we will get after Coan and force him into a mistake or three. 

USF offense vs Wisconsin defense 

On the other side of the ball, we have to limit the pre snap penalties. I think we all expect some highs and lows with a Week 1 game in a new system. The key here will be limiting the false starts, illegal motions, etc that put you behind the chains. Pre snap penalties lead to short drives, which in turn leads to a tired defense. That’s a recipe for disaster against these guys. 

I expect KB to focus on the short pass game (motion to option routes, screens, etc) early in the game to establish a rhythm. We have enough talent to force missed tackles and find chunk plays without putting too much pressure on the OL. I truly think BB and co. will have a field day here. 

Special Teams

This is where the game will be decided IMO. Wisconsin will have a new kicker, while USF seems sold on using a 2 kicker system (insert a wait, wut? emoji). I don’t expect Horne to be the KR, but there’s still plenty of talent here for this to be a game changer for us. 

My official prediction is 37-34 Bulls with Wisconsin missing a game tying FG at the buzzer. 

TL;DR

Bulls win, go crazy folks 

I agree, this game comes down to special teams and turnovers. We have more athleticism at the skill positions and QB. They are better in the trenches. I'm excited and just looking forward to a good, exciting game. 

Edited by BullyPulpit