• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Yes, being on the first base side in a day game is of no benefit because the sun is not setting plus people have jobs.  I have access to 4 seats first base side lower section with a parking pass for literally any game I chose for free and have went to 1 game this year.  The game sux, hot, boring, $10 beers 🍺, parking and traffic when people actually go stinks.  I think this was the makeup for the game that was cancelled due to the young pitcher from the Angels dying in his hotel room the last time they were in town.  

I totally understand the factors in play, it was more just a "Tampa attendance isn't an isolated problem" type of thing.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Interesting read, but the bottom line is "game day experience." And marketing.

https://unbalanced.media/the-now-constant-crisis-of-empty-seats-in-sports

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wonder how many from bastard USF fans selling out ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,859
  • Days Won:  67

18 hours ago, JTrue said:

I totally understand the factors in play, it was more just a "Tampa attendance isn't an isolated problem" type of thing.

It definitely is not just a Tampa thing however this franchise was doomed from the start.  Who did the research to build the stadium in St. Pete knowing that all of the snow birds from up north with all the discretionary income are gone in the summer.  The game is dying as are most of the fans (literally as well as figuratively). 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,344
  • Days Won:  5

46 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I wonder how many from bastard USF fans selling out ....

Maybe people seeing business opportunities. But I’ll look around my section and find out who committed treason. I’ll take pictures. Anyways frick the guy b/c WE gonna own the house anyways.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

With the students and the season ticket holders we will never be outnumbered so long as the upper decks aren't open. The closest a visiting team can get is about a 55/45 split in the lower bowl. More likely, we are looking at a 75/25 Bull to Badger ratio. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

28 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It definitely is not just a Tampa thing however this franchise was doomed from the start.  Who did the research to build the stadium in St. Pete knowing that all of the snow birds from up north with all the discretionary income are gone in the summer.  The game is dying as are most of the fans (literally as well as figuratively). 

My dad is 79. Even he finds baseball too slow and boring and has no idea how the game is around with the salaries and stadiums they currently have. I grew up loving the Reds, actually got a job in Cinci after university and was excited because I'd get to watch all their games. Ended up not watching them because I'd be asleep on the couch within the first 3 innings.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,859
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

My dad is 79. Even he finds baseball too slow and boring and has no idea how the game is around with the salaries and stadiums they currently have. I grew up loving the Reds, actually got a job in Cinci after university and was excited because I'd get to watch all their games. Ended up not watching them because I'd be asleep on the couch within the first 3 innings.

My Dad is 79 as well and lives in Bradenton, die hard Cubs fan from Chicago and baseball fan in general.   He only goes to about 4-5 Ray’s games a year and and only when he gets free tix for being a vet, parks free and buys nothing in the stadium. These are the fans baseball still has attending the game, put a fork in this sport cause they are done.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, Friscobull said:

My Dad is 79 as well and lives in Bradenton, die hard Cubs fan from Chicago and baseball fan in general.   He only goes to about 4-5 Ray’s games a year and and only when he gets free tix for being a vet, parks free and buys nothing in the stadium. These are the fans baseball still has attending the game, put a fork in this sport cause they are done.

I agree, but I've been saying baseball is dead for about 20 years.
I think it's like a giant redwood. It's dead, rotted from the inside, but still standing.