• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

What are lightning doing that the rays aren’t because it seems to work for them!

Winning (playoffs) much more consistently, less games, far more exciting product live to market to the casual fans, many snowbirds/hockey fan type transplants who attend, etc., etc. 

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Just have all the players from every sport go to something like the NFL combine.  Measure the measurables and play everything on TV via XBox or whatever people use to play games.  No injuries and just pay the players based on the number of viewers.  Then Jerry Jones can eat what used to be the Dallas Cowboys and they can use his field as a dump site.  The Meadowlands is already on a dump site so it just would revert back to its original usage.

And maybe we can finally find Jimmy Hoffa

6 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

A little research turned up this for baseball...

NYY are averaging 42,000 attendance out of a population of 8.7 million for .48% rate (avg attendance/population)

TBR are averaging 15,000 attendance out of a population of 2.8 million for .53% rate

So I conclude Rays>Yankees!

Take that number more to around 20M for the metropolitan area

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

20 hours ago, JTrue said:

Not sure this goes on the main board, but everyone loves ******** about attendance for USF and the Rays. Watch the clip of Trout's HR today and tell me attendance isn't a problem everywhere right now. Yes, this is a mid-week day game, but there can't be 5,000 people in attendance in a metro area of 7+ million people, the 4th largest in the country. And for comparison, one that is more than double the Tampa Bay metro area.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mike-trout-sets-career-high-in-home-runs

It was a makeup and everyone has tickets on to first base side of the stadium due to the setting of the sun.  There are very few season tickets sold on the third base side due to the oppressive heat.  I saw the local news and someone had a thermometer that read 138 in those seats in the sun surrounded by concrete.  It was only in the low 100’s, heat index 110, but who would want to go to a game in that to watch a 500 team play a boring sport.  The last year for that stadium,  they will have a retractable roof stadium next year next door and that building will only house our XFL team, yippee.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It was a makeup and everyone has tickets on to first base side of the stadium due to the setting of the sun.  There are very few season tickets sold on the third base side due to the oppressive heat.  I saw the local news and someone had a thermometer that read 138 in those seats in the sun surrounded by concrete.  It was only in the low 100’s, heat index 110, but who would want to go to a game in that to watch a 500 team play a boring sport.  The last year for that stadium,  they will have a retractable roof stadium next year next door and that building will only house our XFL team, yippee.

This is everyone on the first base side.

CD66594F-6EFA-4D1C-A7F7-3A298BEC5ADE.jpeg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

So the 17K obviously includes season tickets sold ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

A little research turned up this for baseball...

NYY are averaging 42,000 attendance out of a population of 8.7 million for .48% rate (avg attendance/population)

TBR are averaging 15,000 attendance out of a population of 2.8 million for .53% rate

So I conclude Rays>Yankees!

That is well done on your part 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

56 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I agree with your initial point for the most part baseball is slowly dying relative to people going to the stadium 

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

And maybe we can finally find Jimmy Hoffa

Created the term “coffin corner kick.” 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Yes, being on the first base side in a day game is of no benefit because the sun is not setting plus people have jobs.  I have access to 4 seats first base side lower section with a parking pass for literally any game I chose for free and have went to 1 game this year.  The game sux, hot, boring, $10 beers 🍺, parking and traffic when people actually go stinks.  I think this was the makeup for the game that was cancelled due to the young pitcher from the Angels dying in his hotel room the last time they were in town.  

Another interesting tidbit, the NYC taxpayers only put up a 1/3 of the cost for the new Yankee Stadium

• Upvote 1