• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big News on the Joey Knight front

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Why would you not want tickets sold and a butts in seats number?  Finding root causes of why tickets were sold but not used would be something I would want to go after.

Go Bulls!

TBH I wish it was available for every team so there could be a fair comparison. But as it is now USF is one of the very few and it's used as a club against us.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, Ryan said:

TSA?  Like at the airport?

No...Tampa Sports Authority.  They run Raymond James stadium. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

No...Tampa Sports Authority.  They run Raymond James stadium. 

Oh ok, thanks.  Sorry, I was so confused.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The numbers were bigger?

I knew you would find a way to make it work..😂🤘

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I knew you would find a way to make it work..😂🤘

It’s always important to stay on brand 

2 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

TBH I wish it was available for every team so there could be a fair comparison. But as it is now USF is one of the very few and it's used as a club against us.

I think that if everyone was reporting it there would be no complaint as that would be normal. The problem always arose that there was only one newspaper reporting on one program and people would conflate that to mean there was only one program with and issue and only one program that was trying to be deceptive. The Wall Street Journal article proved what many of us had suspected and that was that the Times was artificially creating an issue for USF that was as pervasive at most programs including other programs the Times covered (or worse) but yet they were completely ignored because the numbers were not as easy to come by. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think that if everyone was reporting it there would be no complaint as that would be normal. The problem always arose that there was only one newspaper reporting on one program and people would conflate that to mean there was only one program with and issue and only one program that was trying to be deceptive. The Wall Street Journal article proved what many of us had suspected and that was that the Times was artificially creating an issue for USF that was as pervasive at most programs including other programs the Times covered (or worse) but yet they were completely ignored because the numbers were not as easy to come by. 

As you said, it is low-hanging fruit. It gets a rise out of everyone and draws clicks, which is the only concern in the new age of "journalism." It angered anyone with a clue as to how unfair it was to just report our actual attendance while everyone else gets a pass. It disappointed the uninformed and furthered the misconception that USF football isn't a commodity worth purchasing to attend in person. It provided cheap-heat and fodder for the mouth breathers to the East for them to disingenuously harp on something. 

If it is true that USF's numbers will no longer be available through the TSA I am VERY interested in seeing how Joey reports on the attendance numbers going further. My guess is there will be snide remarks and photos of empty seats so that he can continue to get those easy, low-effort clicks and interactions.  

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

As you said, it is low-hanging fruit. It gets a rise out of everyone and draws clicks, which is the only concern in the new age of "journalism." It angered anyone with a clue as to how unfair it was to just report our actual attendance while everyone else gets a pass. It disappointed the uninformed and furthered the misconception that USF football isn't a commodity worth purchasing to attend in person. It provided cheap-heat and fodder for the mouth breathers to the East for them to disingenuously harp on something. 

If it is true that USF's numbers will no longer be available through the TSA I am VERY interested in seeing how Joey reports on the attendance numbers going further. My guess is there will be snide remarks and photos of empty seats so that he can continue to get those easy, low-effort clicks and interactions.  

He'll just show the East stands and report on how few people go to the games.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Except that now the times went to a paywall model so they no longer get real clicks

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

There argument was always “but TSA reports it so it’s news” and my retort was always “wouldn’t something not being actively put into the public be the actual news” then when the Wall Street Journal showed a much bigger difference by FSU the response from the Times was “I didn’t know we could get it from them and it’s probably too hard and expensive to do”. If Joey stays on his kick now that we have finally become like every program it will show there is some sort of animosity or agenda that determines for the Times only the local program they cover less than Florida and FSU has one subject matter they care more about for our program.