• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big News on the Joey Knight front

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

That guy sounds like a ****** hoser to me

He's a decent enough guy to talk with but he does take some strange paths at times.  I chatted with him about the closed practices and I kind of agree.  Coach Strong should be happy if an opponent thought enough of USF to try to steal some plays.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

He's a decent enough guy to talk with but he does take some strange paths at times.  I chatted with him about the closed practices and I kind of agree.  Coach Strong should be happy if an opponent thought enough of USF to try to steal some plays.

First, I take the full blame for feeling the need to give our new friend a little background for perspective.  Now, please tell me you were talking about Knight.  If you meant the guy I referenced who was on the radio, that would be news. 

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

First, I take the full blame for feeling the need to give our new friend a little background for perspective.  Now, please tell me you were talking about Knight.  If you meant the guy I referenced who was on the radio, that would be news. 

Well they did call him “dead air”.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

seat.thumb.jpg.d2cbfa57584cec76108fce0af61eb119.jpg

Found under South Florida Bulls gear, on Pinterest.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Why would you not want tickets sold and a butts in seats number?  Finding root causes of why tickets were sold but not used would be something I would want to go after.

Go Bulls!

It just turns into an opportunity for c. fans to troll which by the way their school never did...I'm glad this nonsense will finally end...

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

The absolute worst perpetrator was a guy on the radio who railed against anyone wearing an opposing team's jersey to any of the local professional team's games  yet always took dumps on the local university.  

And his station is now our flagship station.
He will be missed. By the local alcohol establishments.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

22 hours ago, Brad said:

Glad he has a sense of humor:

How does using/scanning barcoded plastic cards differer from scanning barcoded paper tickets that actual attendance won’t be known by the TSA ???

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Mission9 said:

The absolute worst perpetrator was a guy on the radio who railed against anyone wearing an opposing team's jersey to any of the local professional team's games  yet always took dumps on the local university.  

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

That guy sounds like a ****** hoser to me

He was from Philly .............. nuff said.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

How does using/scanning barcoded plastic cards differer from scanning barcoded paper tickets that actual attendance won’t be known by the TSA ???

That's got nothing to do with this happening. Bucs have been using plastic cards for years ...

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

4 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Guys, the whole reason attendance figures are public information at RayJay is because any event organizer has to pay Hillsborough County and the TSA $2.50 per ticket actually used, not just distributed.  The Bucs, USF and others complied with this fee so they wouldn't have to pay the $2.50 on unused tickets if they would have said we don't want to know the actual counts, we'll just pay on every ticket distributed.  That would have cost the Bucs and USF at least $10,000 per game over our complete history at RayJay if not knowing the no show count.  Maybe the Bucs have just agreed to pay on all tickets distributed or maybe the regulation/agreement for the fee has expired? We'll find out.

GO BULLS!

I'm wondering if the half a million a year would have been worth making sure we controlled the message. It's a lot of money, but it would have deprived our detractors of a major negative talking point that allows us to sell growth yearly.