• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Out on a limb against Wisconsin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I like the changes we've made this offseason, but I don't see any scenario where we beat Wisconsin comfortably.

The other 2 scenarios are much more probable, however, it’s the first game with the whole offseason to prepare and KB is the wild card.  Honestly, I think we lose but keep it respectable but you never know.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

18 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I like the changes we've made this offseason, but I don't see any scenario where we beat Wisconsin comfortably. Maybe up 7 in the final minutes and get a costly turnover and we win by 14?

Only way I can see is if we are up 2 to 3 scores early in the 4th and force them out of their game plan.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I can see a bunch of scenarios where we win.  I think the offensive speed will give their defense all kinds of problems, especially if they roll out in that 3-4 defense with those undersized DBs this season.  A team stepping on the field with a freshman QB making his first start with 4 new offensive lineman and not a lot of defensive speed and someone cannot see a situation where we win.  Either your blind or not looking hard. And they had a suspect pass defense last season

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

Wisconsin by 17

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Calibull said:

I can see a bunch of scenarios where we win.  I think the offensive speed will give their defense all kinds of problems, especially if they roll out in that 3-4 defense with those undersized DBs this season.  A team stepping on the field with a freshman QB making his first start with 4 new offensive lineman and not a lot of defensive speed and someone cannot see a situation where we win.  Either your blind or not looking hard. And they had a suspect pass defense last season

Speaking of offensive , our starting offensive line averages 310-315Ibs. The 2nd string is 300+ as well.  Norman was a an NFL prospect at the end of 2018, which means we currently have a NFL lineman and Donovan Jennings is another player with NFL potential. Buddy is up to 340Ibs and still athletic enough to dunk a basketball.  I think they will be a surprise unit. I have high expectations 4 this team. 

Side note - Mathew McDuffie will see the field as a freshman. Dude has the size and athleticism. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

29 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Speaking of offensive , our starting offensive line averages 310-315Ibs. The 2nd string is 300+ as well.  Norman was a an NFL prospect at the end of 2018, which means we currently have a NFL lineman and Donovan Jennings is another player with NFL potential. Buddy is up to 340Ibs and still athletic enough to dunk a basketball.  I think they will be a surprise unit. I have high expectations 4 this team. 

Side note - Mathew McDuffie will see the field as a freshman. Dude has the size and athleticism. 

I for one like our chances.  An experienced talented QB with two talented RBs, and a veteran offensive line and TE.  I see that and look at St. Felix and McDoom and I can see something happening.  I also think the defense will anything resembling last season.  Having guys replace McGee and Hoggins that are actually suited for the positions they played.  Nothing against either but if you want to know what I mean, look at the Georgia Tech game... just those two... and you'll understand where I'm coming from.  I don't think we'll shut down their run completely but we don't actually have to. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, Calibull said:

Based on the predictions I've read, they seem to have question marks everywhere except running back. Most predictions I've seen have them between 6-6 & 8-4. They were nothing special last year, and probably won't be this year. I think you are correct that this is a pretty winnable game. Taylor will be a great test for this rebuilt defense though, 4 new linemen or not. Athlon's take on them....

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/wisconsin-football-badgers-prediction-preview-2019

Edited by USFBulls727

Guest Jonesy Bull

There are so many question marks for both teams going into this season, how can anybody get a really good read on what is going to happen in this game.

I'm certainly more optimistic now of our chances than I was after the Gasparilla Bowl last year, but until we see this team in real action, we don't know how long its going to take for all the good things that have been talked about to transpire.

This is a new team, with new coaches and new schemes.  There will be a learning curve, it may take some time for it to translate on the field.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

Got to love the dreams and hopes of fans of every team during these summer offseason months.  I am a Las Vegas Raiders fan (hence the name) and every summer on the Raiders message boards many fans predict a 12-4 record and a division title.  Then reality sets in and the Raiders are preparing for the draft by Halloween.  USF fans are the same way. Reality comes crashing in like a slap in the face, usually by mid-October. But in July, every team is 0-0 and those NY6 Bowl dreams have yet to be shattered.  I am more of a realist for both my beloved Raiders and my alma mater USF. We can wish, hope and dream all we want, but this is still no better than a 7-5 football team with a head coach who defines the term, "overrated".  But as of July 8th, the dreams persist.  Proceed.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

There are so many question marks for both teams going into this season, how can anybody get a really good read on what is going to happen in this game.

Wisconsin is going to do what Wisconsin has been doing for a couple decades now, line up with big personnel and punch you in the face with the run until you stop it.   Eiter we stop/contain it and the game is close or we get Dalvin Cooked again.