• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Out on a limb against Wisconsin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

23 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Willie has wanted out of every job he's had until he got to FSU.  I don't feel bad how he left us, I think things worked out the best for us.  I think how he left Oregon was an indication it was never anything personal with Willie...it's always been 'Willie first'...

I really am betting Strong is our long term solution though.  I hope he is "Our Guy"... I don't want a revolving door of head coaches. 

We all do except Raider, willie had one great great recruiting year and that was it, I do remember him at WKU running all over us at ray jay.  I have always believed he can’t coach  his way out of a wet paper bag,  Harlan may have been weak but he saved CWT’s career by pushing him from the power to the gulf coast.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We all do except Raider, willie had one great great recruiting year and that was it, I do remember him at WKU running all over us at ray jay.  I have always believed he can’t coach  his way out of a wet paper bag,  Harlan may have been weak but he saved CWT’s career by pushing him from the power to the gulf coast.

I'd like to give Harlan credit, but honestly I think it was D'Ernest Johnson and Darius Tice that made Willie see the light.  They were the ones who convinced him to abandon the West Coast offense and go to more shotgun and letting Q improvise.  That was after the Memphis game when in a loss, Q actually looked like he was ready to be unleashed.  The Gulf Coast was designed to take advantage of Flowers skills, I think he'll be hard press to find another QB as proficient in that system as Q because it was literally designed for him.  

I'm with you though on Harlan being weak... I was all about Harlan having known him from his time at UCLA, but man, we did not get the guy I thought we'd get.  Kelly has shown me what to expect.  A good AD can drive a program. 

Edited by Calibull

He really is a great hire, after Dougie fresh they all look good, however  MK is not the most sociable but is connected and I love what he has done.  He works his A$$ off and he is constantly trying to better FB And MBB, scheduling Alabama at home is fantastic. Now we need to do something with the schedule.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Indeed... we now just need to execute and win what he's scheduled.  I think he's Lee Roys gift to USF.  I mean it was him who brought him to us years ago... now he's heading the ship in a way I think LRS would be **** proud of. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, Friscobull said:

He really is a great hire, after Dougie fresh they all look good, however  MK is not the most sociable but is connected and I love what he has done.  He works his A$$ off and he is constantly trying to better FB And MBB, scheduling Alabama at home is fantastic. Now we need to do something with the schedule.

I find him much more so than MH. May not be a laugh a minute type personality but friendly and appears genuine.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

56 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I find him much more so than MH. May not be a laugh a minute type personality but friendly and appears genuine.

Agreed. Before the Spring Game, MK was walking the street fair and stopped every few steps to spend some time chatting with fans. Little things like that interaction go a long way when determining how much I'm going to open my pocketbook to provide financial support to the department.

Guest Jonesy Bull

MK is exactly what this Athletic Department needed.  This book is only in its opening chapters, but can't wait to read the rest of the chapters to come.  My guess is this book will keep us hooked and will have an enjoyable ending!

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Not Sociable  may have been a poor word choice, he is serious and has a stressful job, I like him and he is off to a good start.