• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Out on a limb against Wisconsin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

We are going to win by 13!!

Reasons:

I think we will get out early and be up by 14 at the half.

Kerwin Bell is that impressive and we bulked up and added enough size and talent from the portal to stop a heavy run offense. I think Studstill will be a man on a mission in the Box. The DL is much improved and will have depth. We are good on the ends.

My only concern is lb play and with Macon coming in and Greer, Broyles (sp) Lainge and Mims...hopefully the DL can keep the guards off of them

Secondary: Studstill, Burnett, Lapointe and Hampton...All are capable and can tackle in space. Davis and Evans can provide relief. If Sails is eligible then Hampton will have to elevate his game and tackle better.

I'm curious on Waller, Leacock and Kirby.

If we start Sanders or Roberts in the secondary it will be a very long afternoon.

I still think that 2 or 3 more will show up from portal.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

Lay off the shrooms from now on.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

Reasons:

Kerwin Bell is that impressive and we bulked up and added enough size and talent from the portal to stop a heavy run offense. I think Studstill will be a man on a mission in the Box. The DL is much improved and will have depth. We are good on the ends.

My only concern is lb play and with Macon coming in and Greer, Broyles (sp) Lainge and Mims...hopefully the DL can keep the guards off of them

Secondary: Studstill, Burnett, Lapointe and Hampton...All are capable and can tackle in space. Davis and Evans can provide relief. If Sails is eligible then Hampton will have to elevate his game and tackle better.

If we start Sanders or Roberts in the secondary it will be a very long afternoon.

Our defense couldn't stop anybody a few months ago, now suddenly we're the '85 Bears? I realize that is 2019 now and not 2018, but it sounds like you're expecting an incredible amount of improvement on defense in a very little amount of time. Also, I'd wait to see Bell's offense in an actual game before getting too hyped about it.  There's no guarantee that it will fully click in week 1. I would advise against betting on your prediction. Would be nice if you end up being right about this though...

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It’d be nice if Scarlett Johansson showed me her boobs...but that didn’t happen in 2018 and I’m not betting on it for 2019, either.

What's with the defeatist attitude? You've got to Bullieve.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

37 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Our defense sucks until it doesn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Our defense sucks until it doesn’t. 

Exactly. Same could be said of the offense

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,725
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

"Go Bulls?" vs. "Go Bulls!" is an ongoing theme in TBP. I'm with you though. 🤘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

46 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Our defense couldn't stop anybody a few months ago, now suddenly we're the '85 Bears? I realize that is 2019 now and not 2018, but it sounds like you're expecting an incredible amount of improvement on defense in a very little amount of time. Also, I'd wait to see Bell's offense in an actual game before getting too hyped about it.  There's no guarantee that it will fully click in week 1. I would advise against betting on your prediction. Would be nice if you end up being right about this though...

a few months before that they were a top 30 defense (2017)... This is college football, that happens.  An young defense gives up a ton of yards one season and can't stop the run, and then suddenly it together.  Or have you forgotten the jump the defense made for 2016-2017?  

We have two big seasoned DTs inside now who showed flashes last season and both actually played well in the spring game.  Last season was a different animal.  We had a thin young defense that saw a 190 DB starting at Lb (McGee got pushed around, love the guy but no) and I don't think people understand how big a move putting Reaves at LB was after losing Sawtelle (we lost production at two positions).  Also, Boyles was a literal pup out there playing, the guy has gotten better... and now you see guys like Grier flying around and all of them are bigger and better prepared to deal with rigors of college football.  I see the defense resembling the 2017 defense.  I don't think teams will run the ball on us next season like they did last.  We have a lot of depth, size, experience, and strength coming back.  The guys are also talented and they also know who the leaders are.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Reasons:

I think Waller and Kirby will definitely see some reps... I don't really want to speak on Leacock because I don't really know his situation.  He hasn't practiced at all.  

I also think Hampton is better than Sails and think that kids game is elevating itself.  If Hampton and Sails are the corners, we could be a really good defense. 

I think having Nico back will allow Greer, Boyles, and the others to play more freely.  Say what you want, Sawtelle has a nose for the ball and has played a lot of football.  Boyles is the guy I think could have a huge breakout season.  With the added size and strength, that kid may have a monster year.  

I'm not seeing anyone left in the transfer portal that could really contribute this year.  We may get a late transfer but I don't think it will matter this season.