• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Out on a limb against Wisconsin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/18/2019 at 11:36 AM, Bull Dozer said:

Whiskey benefits from the large number of people up there with Northern European heritage..  Lots of big tall guys with viking blood along that OL.  Just a glance at an early depth chart projection for them and the link is very apparent with last names like Van Lanen, Dietzen, Biadasz, Seltzner, and Bruss.  It was last season or the year before their center and one side of their line spoke Polish or something so they would just talk and make their line calls in Polish for that side of the line.       

Poles are more Eastern European/Slavic than Northern European/Nordic/"Viking"

i've never gotten a "hulking Viking" vibe from any Polish person I've ever met.

Edited by TRUTH D. Antagonist

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Corey lea said:

I think the box on D is the key.

giggety.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

On 6/18/2019 at 9:27 AM, Friscobull said:

We really didn’t, Shaw was already gone and Mack had about 30 yard rushing, as a freshman.  Swanson had a couple big catches and RA had a jet sweep or two.  For some reason I always tie Shaw to the McNeese disaster, he broke one on our first possession for 80 yards and then the floodgates opened and we realized how devoid of talent the team CWT inherited.  Shaw was the only decent back and he was more of a scat back, they went to Michigan State the next week and played respectable than had UW the next year in CWT’s 2nd and final year of the powerless game.  They were hard to watch, still wake up in cold sweats thinking of those years.

Mack didn't play the same year Shaw did.  Mack came they year after and had more than 30 yards rushing as a freshman.  The first game of his freshman yer he broke a school rushing record for yards rushing in a single game.   The year played Wisky I think we had Shaw, Willie Davis, and one more.  That year Shaw rushed for like 700 or 800 yards on the season.  Shaws best games were McNeese state because of the long run and I think he actually rushed for almost 100 or went over 100 against Wisconsin. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

I feel Wisconsin will not be ready for us and will underestimate our speed again. Hopefully they just study our tape from last year. This year's team is way different. I think this may be a blow out. We win by 20-30 pts. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,898
  • Days Won:  67

35 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Mack didn't play the same year Shaw did.  Mack came they year after and had more than 30 yards rushing as a freshman.  The first game of his freshman yer he broke a school rushing record for yards rushing in a single game.   The year played Wisky I think we had Shaw, Willie Davis, and one more.  That year Shaw rushed for like 700 or 800 yards on the season.  Shaws best games were McNeese state because of the long run and I think he actually rushed for almost 100 or went over 100 against Wisconsin. 

Nope, I know they did not play together that was the point of my earlier response.  Mack ran for 275 vs WCU but only 34 vs Wisconsin later that month. Shaw the year earlier was our back against mich state after the McNeese state debacle.  You got your years mixed up.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

Poles are more Eastern European/Slavic than Northern European/Nordic/"Viking"

i've never gotten a "hulking Viking" vibe from any Polish person I've ever met.

Correct, but the point still stands, there's a ton of people up there with Nordic heritage and they recruit the hell out of it.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Nope, I know they did not play together that was the point of my earlier response.  Mack ran for 275 vs WCU but only 34 vs Wisconsin later that month. Shaw the year earlier was our back against mich state after the McNeese state debacle.  You got your years mixed up.

No.. my years are correct... I actually mean to put Michigan State and not Whisky for the Shaw rushing. When we had Shaw, Willie Davis, and keep forgetting that other guys name and I'm too lazy to look.  

My confusion was in the way you wrote it, I thought you were saying Shaw and Mack were on the same team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I feel Wisconsin will not be ready for us and will underestimate our speed again. Hopefully they just study our tape from last year. This year's team is way different. I think this may be a blow out. We win by 20-30 pts. 

You really want to make a friendly wager on this?  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

You better give him 275 to 1 odds...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I would but I have bad luck when it comes to gambling. At 41 years old, I still haven't won a raffle EVER!!! I'm not trying to jinx our team. Just take my word for it lol 😎