• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF mad at USF... lmao

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

An aac championship with a ny6 bowl game is just above a pizza bowl trophy in terms of relevance. 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So glorious?

Glorious would be way above a pizza bowl trophy ..... more like "delightful".

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

12 minutes ago, mgrothe8 said:

They’re ****** UCiF. They’re always mad. That’s what they do in Mickey Mouse town. 

Certified Authority

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Glorious would be way above a pizza bowl trophy ..... more like "delightful".

I only see things in terms of extremes, it’s either the best or the worst I don’t believe in gray area.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,265
  • Days Won:  25

14 hours ago, mgrothe8 said:

They’re ****** UCiF. They’re always mad. That’s what they do in Mickey Mouse town. 

Your ESPN quote to this day is still the best! Way to represent Polk County and help put USF on the map for football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

39 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Your ESPN quote to this day is still the best! Way to represent Polk County and help put USF on the map for football.

Maps are a thing of the past...GPS is where it’s at!

9 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

A gps without a map is pretty close to worthless 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, chapelbull said:

The same as the AAC championship trophy as far as I and 99% of America knows.  That's the point. 

It might look pretty collecting dust in the trophy case and it might make a few USF fans happy but it won't mean a thing in term of the program's relevance.  That's the point.

I'm pretty sure Jordan meant ONLY the NBA title meant anything.  Not a division title, not a conference title, THE NBA title.   So no National Championship means 12-0 and an AAC title don't mean squat.  It didn't even get ucf a seat at the table either year.

Yes, that's what Jordan meant. But since G5 programs are locked out of the college football playoff, the best they can do is win a conference championship and hopefully play in a NY6 Bowl game and win that. Given that uneven playing field winning a conference title is important.

I think we all know that the playoff is a farce because it is just a P5 creation and not a true NCAA Championship like in the lower levels of football or, like my favorite, the NCAA Tournament. The world would be a better place if the NCAA stepped in and ran a FBS tournament that included every conference champion.

6 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

Yes, that's what Jordan meant. But since G5 programs are locked out of the college football playoff, the best they can do is win a conference championship and hopefully play in a NY6 Bowl game and win that. Given that uneven playing field winning a conference title is important.

I think we all know that the playoff is a farce because it is just a P5 creation and not a true NCAA Championship like in the lower levels of football or, like my favorite, the NCAA Tournament. The world would be a better place if the NCAA stepped in and ran a FBS tournament that included every conference champion.

It would be a place that didn’t include any power 5 teams, they have all of the power, the NCAA knows it, the P5 knows it, the G5 knows it and every network knows it. If the NCAA was ever dumb enough to try to flex its muscle the P5 would break away and continue to be successful while the NCAA would be left to whither on the vine like whatever the football upstart that just failed was called.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

GPS with no map would mean you were at the complete mercy of some disembodied wench telling you when/where to turn ..... brilliant observation considering the unreliability of gps at times.