• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

UCF mad at USF... lmao

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,240
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The response wasn't about "our" reaction, it was about us winning an AAC conf championship creating a ripple in the college football world ....... CR was just agreeing with me that it probably wouldn't.

Because it won’t. Just walk into any sports bar in any town USA and tell everyone that USF has won the AAC 50 years in a row. Not one person will know that the AAC hasn’t existed, that we haven’t won it or that anyone would lie about winning something that absolutely no one except 30 or so people on USF and apparently UCF message boards cares about. If you beat Wisconsin, Florida, and Alabama people care and take notice but if you beat Tulane and say it’s important because you made a trophy and everything the world will be forever colored unimpressed. Is having the biggest and best **** sandwich really any better than having the worst one? The problem is the **** sandwich and not the magnitude of it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

It’s all about the non-con baby.  If, along the way, you pick up some trinkets all the better.   

I guess it could be one of many goals, too.  

All this talk about fans...think about recruiting someone to win aac bling.  Uh, no.   

To be giant-killers?  Welcome Selvie, Reed, Jenkins, Grothe and Daniels-types to the program.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Brad said:

It’s all about the non-con baby.  If, along the way, you pick up some trinkets all the better.   

I guess it could be one of many goals, too.  

All this talk about fans...think about recruiting someone to win aac bling.  Uh, no.   

To be giant-killers?  Welcome Selvie, Reed, Jenkins, Grothe and Daniels-types to the program.

ok the AAC is straight A$$ G5  gutter trash of epic irrelevance however how can you get to a big bowl without winning the conference which is my only point.  You can beat Wisconsin and GT by a combined 100-0 but won’t sniff a BCS bowl without winning the conference trinket. The AAC championship is not the end all and won’t matter to most however necessary to get this team back to being relevant.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

ok the AAC is straight A$$ G5  gutter trash of epic irrelevance however how can you get to a big bowl without winning the conference which is my only point.  You can beat Wisconsin and GT by a combined 100-0 but won’t sniff a BCS bowl without winning the conference trinket. The AAC championship is not the end all and won’t matter to most however necessary to get this team back to being relevant.

And if you beat those two team 100 to 0 and go 5 and 3 in conference it will just be another season of USF being USF. 

What does it say about our program if too many people in forums like this think our conference is trash, but we cannot win trash conference? 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

Yep, I guess because we never win a conference championship in any of the two big sports then the best coping method is that it doesn’t matter anyways.  Conference is not that bad but relegated to G5 obscurity, it is what it is.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It’s all about the AAC Championship and playing on NYD. Knocking off one of the big programs is icing. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,240
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s all about the AAC Championship and playing on NYD. Knocking off one of the big programs is icing. 

Except that we can easily win the AAC and play in Boca Raton in which case winning the AAC is absolutely worthless. If we lose to Wisconsin, Georgia Texh and BYU we aren’t going to a NY6 game no mater how many AAC championship games we win. Beating the teams you hope to be able to face if you win the AAC is a good in and of itself winning the AAC is a way to hopefully be able to get another game that matters that we could then hopefully win.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

To me, it's all about winning the AAC at this point, with playing on NYD and knocking off one of the big programs as icing. What's ironic is that back when we were in a better conference, it was the opposite. Beating the big programs meant more to me at that point in our development .... the conf championships would come. 15 years later, I have reevaluated the situation ...

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Except that we can easily win the AAC and play in Boca Raton in which case winning the AAC is absolutely worthless. If we lose to Wisconsin, Georgia Texh and BYU we aren’t going to a NY6 game no mater how many AAC championship games we win. Beating the teams you hope to be able to face if you win the AAC is a good in and of itself winning the AAC is a way to hopefully be able to get another game that matters that we could then hopefully win.

This is correct...that’s why I note it has to be attached to a NYD bowl for it to have meaning for me.  I suppose I would not mind going to Boca and having a championship, but it would only be for one time. I still want to get the pleasure of winning one of these friggin championships. 

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

To me, it's all about winning the AAC at this point, with playing on NYD and knocking off one of the big programs as icing. What's ironic is that back when we were in a better conference, it was the opposite. Beating the big programs meant more to me at that point in our development .... the conf championships would come. 15 years later, I have reevaluated the situation ...

I was the same way. We all assumed that the championships would come and we would have plenty of time to win one in Big East...then  Armageddon came and wiped us all out.