• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF mad at USF... lmao

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It does absolutely nothing relative the football world but does everything to my world. Like the Willy Wonka kid said: “I want one and I want it now.” 

I agree, Veruca ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Kind of curious myself. I'd love to finally get a conf title but I'm not sure what it does for our program's standing in the college football world. I doubt that many outside of 2 particular fan bases even know, or care, that we haven't actually already won one .....

I think Puc has the best answer for that one (as far as the AAC goes)

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, usfbullrider said:

I think UCF has a bad reputation for hosting other fanbases and it's coming full circle.  

There is almost an obsession with them from the SEC fans, especially Alabama.  The Birmingham paper seems to think the games were scheduled to spite UCF.  If you have ever had the displeasure of reading SEC message boards or listened to that weasel Finebaum's show (I did when UCF fans on social media were getting out of control, you may call it a morbid curiosity) you would have heard worse things than most USF fans have ever said about them.  I am sure some of you have seen them mock the Paper Champions:  

Edited by Mission9

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

We need to be in a P5 and we are not.  We need to make the best of our situation and we are, winning a conf championship is not going to solve our problems but without this goal what are we doing? I refuse to sit around and wait for a bs P5 conf to come knocking.  Let’s win games and enjoy life and let the chips fall where they ma.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Mission9 said:

There is almost an obsession with them from the SEC fans, especially Alabama.  The Birmingham paper seems to think the games were scheduled to spite UCF.  If you have ever had the displeasure of reading SEC message boards or listened to that weasel Finebaum's show (I did when UCF fans on social media were getting out of control, you may call it a morbid curiosity) you would have heard worse things than most USF fans have ever said about them.  I am sure some of you have seen them mock the Paper Champions:  

I pretty much steer clear of anything SEC, especially Ears Finebaum, but the SEC Shorts guys (I think they're the ones that do all these vids) had at least one other UCF video that was freaking hilarious ... and tbh, the Natty thing was kinda cute for a while, a short while, but they took it to comical extremes including the not so comical paying the abandoning ship coaching staff a bonus for winning one ... a bonus that totaled more than the weaseled down payment they made to the family of a player they killed. Thought that was pretty disgusting.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

Now, THAT is some funny stuff!  When the most powerful football conference spends the money to do that, I believe that there might be a message in there somewhere.

Couple that with Saban giving UCF a knee in the bawls and I'd say it will be a long time before the SEC schedules a game with them.  And now it looks like they are slamming UCF, as a conference, in the PR wars.

I wish that UCF wouldn't approach things like this.  Suppose they can't get their SoS up for a few years.  If we beat them, accomplish anything notable, it will come with an asterisk.  I hate asterisks. A clean defeat or win, I can take.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

Kind of curious myself. I'd love to finally get a conf title but I'm not sure what it does for our program's standing in the college football world. I doubt that many outside of 2 particular fan bases even know, or care, that we haven't actually already won one .....

That is spot on.  If you went up to a casual CFB fan and told them USF won the AAC in 2010 they wouldn't even realize there was no AAC in 2010 let alone that we haven't won one.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That is spot on.  If you went up to a casual CFB fan and told them USF won the AAC in 2010 they wouldn't even realize there was no AAC in 2010 let alone that we haven't won one.

Screw the casual fan, we are not casual and would relish in it, if this is not the goal than what is the point of any of the games.  Conference realignment would get us out of purgatory but is not happening anytime soon so focus on what is important, win a conference title and go to a good bowl game.  

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Screw the casual fan, we are not casual and would relish in it, if this is not the goal than what is the point of any of the games.  Conference realignment would get us out of purgatory but is not happening anytime soon so focus on what is important, win a conference title and go to a good bowl game.  

We play to win the game - H Edwards

26 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

19 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The response wasn't about "our" reaction, it was about us winning an AAC conf championship creating a ripple in the college football world ....... CR was just agreeing with me that it probably wouldn't.