• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF mad at USF... lmao

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/23/2019 at 5:19 PM, Brad said:

Because it matters not how we did in some fictitious highway battle with the Tinmen.  I don’t support the notion that’s our measuring stick.  Why would we want that?  Just like when we were stomping their asses, it didn’t define us.  We chuckled and moved on.  Some goofy ass I4 sign converted into a trophy doesn’t change that either.  I can almost understand the alleged prestige of winning the P6 American Amalgamated Conference, but can we drop this silly sub-plot with the yahoos down the street?

Well, until USF wins a conference championship and/or a NY6 Bowl beating those guys up I-4 is the highlight of the year (when we do beat them that is).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Basketball Jones said:

Well, until USF wins a conference championship and/or a NY6 Bowl beating those guys up I-4 is the highlight of the year (when we do beat them that is).

With nine big name games in the next ten years, UCF won't be the highlight for me.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Basketball Jones said:

Not at all. 

I’ll take a win over Florida. 

We beat UCF five times, right?  Means nothing. AAC trophy? Nothing.  You get to play a meaningless game against a disinterested P5.  Nothing.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

On 5/23/2019 at 6:09 PM, footnfan1 said:

My guess is Stanford, before USF. 

I doubt it

51 minutes ago, Brad said:

Not at all. 

We beat UCF five times, right?  Means nothing. AAC trophy? Nothing.  You get to play a meaningless game against a disinterested P5.  Nothing.  

Wow. I can't even 

Wow. I can't even 

Can't even what?  You think beating ucf is a bigger accomplishment than beating UF?

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Not at all. 

AAC Trophy would mean nothing? I call BS on that. You people saying it means nothing will be giggling like school girls with our first conference championship...especially if it’s tied to a NYD bowl.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Can't even what?  You think beating ucf is a bigger accomplishment than beating UF?

"AAC trophy? Nothing.  You get to play a meaningless game against a disinterested P5.  Nothing." Lol

The "USF beat Notre Dame and was ranked No. 2 in the country at one point," mindset that I believe USF fans need to grow out of. Yes, beating Florida would be a bigger accomplishment than beating UCF. Beating Notre Dame was a great accomplishment. Being ranked number two in the country was a great accomplishment. What does the program have to show for beating Notre Dame one time and being ranked number two in the country for a week? Nothing. 

Winning championships is what matters. Playing in NY6 Bowl games matter. That leads to national relevance, that sells tickets, that generates revenue, that helps recruiting, 

I want to win championships. If in the process of winning championships USF also defeats Florida, or Miami, or UCF, great. But at the end of the day I want to win championships. If USF loses to Florida but still wins the conference Championship I'm good with that. That's a great season. But if USF beats Florida and then loses 6 games in a row.

kind of like when the Chicago Bulls won 72 regular season games and set an NBA record. Michael Jordan said that won't mean anything if they don't win the NBA title. He was right.

I want to win championships. It's disappointing, to me at least, that more USF fans don't seem to feel the same way. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

"AAC trophy? Nothing.  You get to play a meaningless game against a disinterested P5.  Nothing." Lol

The "USF beat Notre Dame and was ranked No. 2 in the country at one point," mindset that I believe USF fans need to grow out of. Yes, beating Florida would be a bigger accomplishment than beating UCF. Beating Notre Dame was a great accomplishment. Being ranked number two in the country was a great accomplishment. What does the program have to show for beating Notre Dame one time and being ranked number two in the country for a week? Nothing. 

Winning championships is what matters. Playing in NY6 Bowl games matter. That leads to national relevance, that sells tickets, that generates revenue, that helps recruiting, 

I want to win championships. If in the process of winning championships USF also defeats Florida, or Miami, or UCF, great. But at the end of the day I want to win championships. If USF loses to Florida but still wins the conference Championship I'm good with that. That's a great season. But if USF beats Florida and then loses 6 games in a row.

kind of like when the Chicago Bulls won 72 regular season games and set an NBA record. Michael Jordan said that won't mean anything if they don't win the NBA title. He was right.

I want to win championships. It's disappointing, to me at least, that more USF fans don't seem to feel the same way. 

This! Well done squire...those in the smarts know rings are what matters most...especially when one has none...

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

The AAC championship isn't the NBA title.  It may not even be the CBA title.  I don't even think it's the CBI title.  Think more in terms or small high school division championship or maybe middle school.

• Upvote 1