• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

UCF mad at USF... lmao

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

17 hours ago, chapelbull said:

And I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to win a conference title.  I get it and I want to win one too, but let's not confuse winning an AAC title with improving our program's standing in the College Football world.

Pretty ignorant comment here... Nothing about it is true. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

49 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

Yes, that's what Jordan meant. But since G5 programs are locked out of the college football playoff, the best they can do is win a conference championship and hopefully play in a NY6 Bowl game and win that. Given that uneven playing field winning a conference title is important.

I think we all know that the playoff is a farce because it is just a P5 creation and not a true NCAA Championship like in the lower levels of football or, like my favorite, the NCAA Tournament. The world would be a better place if the NCAA stepped in and ran a FBS tournament that included every conference champion.

There are only a handful of teams that realistically have a chance at a National Championship in the power 5 anyways.  Does anyone believe Purdue, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Boston College, Pitt etc.  will ever be in the playoff.  

It will be Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, Auburn, USC, FSU (w/o CWT.). UF, Washington and a handful of others that are big and rich. I love the recent  scheduling and beating FSU, UM, Auburn etc is awesome but been there.  I want a dam conference championship, many say it will mean nothing but that and a BCS bowl is really all that they play for and both of these would be big,

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

There are only a handful of teams that realistically have a chance at a National Championship in the power 5 anyways.  Does anyone believe Purdue, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Boston College, Pitt etc.  will ever be in the playoff.  

Yeah the P5 is filled with avg at best teams the only difference is if they ever got good they would have an easier shot at the playoffs than any G5 team would and in one season compared to a G5 going multiple years in a row undefeated and no playoffs. 

Right now in college football it is Clemson and Bama then a big drop.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

2 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

...if the NCAA stepped in and ran a FBS tournament that included every conference champion.

Then conference championships mean something, not until.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah the P5 is filled with avg at best teams the only difference is if they ever got good they would have an easier shot at the playoffs than any G5 team would and in one season compared to a G5 going multiple years in a row undefeated and no playoffs. 

Right now in college football it is Clemson and Bama then a big drop.

Agreed, can’t control the conference thing and I just try to ignore it, life is too short to bother with things mostly outside of our control.  Once we got a taste of the expensive wine Big East it has been hard to choke down the box wine known as the AAC but fortunately I like to drink and will soldier through.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, Calibull said:

Feel free to enlighten me ...... 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

22 hours ago, chapelbull said:

And I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to win a conference title.  I get it and I want to win one too, but let's not confuse winning an AAC title with improving our program's standing in the College Football world.

4 hours ago, Calibull said:

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Feel free to enlighten me ...... 

Kind of curious myself. I'd love to finally get a conf title but I'm not sure what it does for our program's standing in the college football world. I doubt that many outside of 2 particular fan bases even know, or care, that we haven't actually already won one .....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Kind of curious myself. I'd love to finally get a conf title but I'm not sure what it does for our program's standing in the college football world. I doubt that many outside of 2 particular fan bases even know, or care, that we haven't actually already won one .....

It does absolutely nothing relative the football world but does everything to my world. Like the Willy Wonka kid said: “I want one and I want it now.” 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I think UCF has a bad reputation for hosting other fanbases and it's coming full circle.  USF is classy and we are seeing scheduling that's gonna raise our profile win or lose.  I love the anytime anywhere philosophy.