• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF mad at USF... lmao

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Perhaps they'll get so upset that they'll get the rest of the conference together and kick us out. Lets hear it for small favors. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Good lord, we sound pathetic.  Like losing a game and blaming the refs x1000 pathetic.  Sugarcoat it however you like, they are bad people, took shortcuts, nobody likes them, blah blah blah.  We would kill for that record and their success right about now.  That is all that matters.  The moral high horse some are taking when discussing the absolutely dirty business of college sports is laughable.  

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Discussions with Kanigits moved here ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

I get why ucf doesn't schedule 2 for 1s not in their favor. They sell-out often and losing a home game is big revenue for them, especially given each school's small cut from the ****** media contract we have with the American. For us, we don't come close to selling out, we need these 2 for 1s to get marquee matchups that put butts in the seats. I'm really happy with our OOC schedule. I would LOVE to be in a position to demand 1 for 1s. It's not like we're ULM and playing 1 offs for cash, but that doesn't matter, how we schedule doesn't concern ucf and going out in interviews ******** about it is their problem not ours.

Getting our dicks kicked in this year in the War on I4 series annoys me. It used not to, I didn't even realize this was a thing until recently. Now it only bugs me because it gives them bragging rights across all sports now. I will say this, I finally care about golf and rowing and women's softball because I want to make sure we don't give points up to ucf. It has made me more aware of our broader athletics department. It has also made me less comfortable living in enemy territory. I no longer share an office with a ucf tool, but I live alongside many.  I also have spent more $$ on athletics as a result and I'm fine with that.

As for them doing things the right or wrong way in gaining notoriety. Their stadium isn't even close to awesome, but it's THEIRS. On campus, easy commute, loud as hell sometimes, and better than many here give it credit for. Hell, it's "bouncing" attribute that we like to mock constantly, is a fun tidbit for media crews to talk about. The National Championship that they didn't win, is recognized by the NCAA now. I don't feel they were the best team in the nation and they would've been smoked in the corrupt and biased playoff system, but no one beat them (including us and we were so close) to prove they weren't the best. And now the NCAA gives credence to their misguided claim. Danny White can choke on a **** if he keeps commenting on how we do things, he needs to focus on his school and get a few OOC games scheduled. He has though, when focused, done some good things over there. College Gameday had to be a fun atmosphere, negative and positive publicity has been way up and his FB HC hires have been spot on (I'm really hoping CCS puts it all together this year). The building funding issue they had a few months ago is now legal. I don't know the ins and outs of all that, but I bet that UF and FSU would be busted for the same thing right now if audited and they got the legislation changed.

For me, the truth is, I miss the George O'Leary days. They were slightly less obnoxious and a lot less successful. There are some things we do differently that I'm very happy we do it our way. I won't lie and say that I'm not a touch envious of some of their on the field accomplishments. And yes their conference titles count. I first went to North Dakota, clearly they aren't in a P5 conference or as you all know FBS, yet it's their continual success and trophies on the field that has gained it notoriety. ucf is doing the same thing just on a bigger stage and via social media. I like our ethical approach to matters, just wouldn't mind a little bit more investment into Football. The wife and I donate, but are in no position to be big fish, wish we could be. I clearly don't have the answers, but continuing to look back on the old days and how great they were and how much we had left them in our rear view smacks of washouts and has beens and we are not that.

Yes we are in direct competition with ucf and are light years ahead academically, but this is a sports board, and currently, with the same or even more resources (the Big East $$), they're beating us for the time being. This season can definitely be different for us and I hope we start of 7-0 like last year, but finish 6-0 as well. I don't believe in everything ucf has done, but clearly not everything they've done has been wrong; subjectively it would be nice if we had some of their athletics swagger as well.

1 minute ago, Heart Attack said:

The National Championship that they didn't win, is recognized by the NCAA now.

How have we missed this nugget??

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

How have we missed this nugget??

Can't tell if serious or not.

It's on page 6000 something section C of the NCAA record book or whatever. I've had it shown to me enough to know it exists. All based on the Colley Matrix I believe, but the **** NCAA put it in their records. Yay them. I've actually seen recruits mention that BS on twitter. No matter our feelings on the subject, this lends some credibility to their outlandish claim

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

14 minutes ago, Heart Attack said:

It's on page 6000 something section C of the NCAA record book or whatever. I've had it shown to me enough to know it exists. All based on the Colley Matrix I believe, but the **** NCAA put it in their records. Yay them. I've actually seen recruits mention that BS on twitter. No matter our feelings on the subject, this lends some credibility to their outlandish claim

It list all poll rankings based on the different metrics. For example, it also says that Notre Dame was 2012 National Champion (because of the same Colley metric) even though they were curb stomped in the National championship game by Alabama. So their claim has as much credibility as ND, but only one school ever hung a banner for it. 

Not sure why i'm entertaining this. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

Just now, Heart Attack said:

Was very aware of that and it says nothing about a national championship. It's a sketchy poll at best and a little research on its' history should give you plenty of ammo to come back with on anyone throwing that in your face. The NCAA didn't give credence to anything .... anyone touting that ranking that is a clueless moron.

4 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

It list all "champions" based on the different metrics.

That word shouldn't be used even in quotes. They are poll rankings ...

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

It list all "champions" based on the different metrics. For example, it also says that Notre Dame was 2012 National Champion (because of the same Colley metric) even though they were curb stomped in the National championship game by Alabama. So their claim has as much credibility as ND, but only one school ever hung a banner for it. 

Not sure why i'm entertaining this. 

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Was very aware of that and it says nothing about a national championship. It's a sketchy poll at best and a little research on its' history should give you plenty of ammo to come back with on anyone throwing that in your face. The NCAA didn't give credence to anything .... anyone touting that ranking that is a clueless moron.

Listen, I agree that it's horsesht. But it does exist and recruits are talking about it. Perception trumps reality in so many people's minds. In this scenario, yes it lends credence to their claims. It's not so much a sketchy poll as it is antiquated, but it's in the NCAA records. I'm aware they don't award national titles to football, but does the average or below average 17 year old and their parents know that?