• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF mad at USF... lmao

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

So we just forfeit one conference game a year and hope we can overcome the handicap?

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

4E8AE8C2-E050-4D81-B321-7855730F4F2D.jpeg

I could actually wrap my head around that, too ...

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Or we can just go back to never playing them again and completely ignoring them, either way. 

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Agree.  We once held ourselves up to UF, FSU and Miami, but those of weak heart and mind spinelessly retreated and wanted USF to retreat to a lower tier.  We had bold aspirations replaced by effortless mediocrity.

Actually comparing anything to UCF’s brief, recent AAC success is a fool’s game.  

Don't know Puc but I know you Brad and I know you aren't a 13 year old teenager. But is sounds like you two are having a pity party.  Wowzers.  Not sure there is a way to not play them unless you are thinking Conf USA.  And I'm not sure anyone had a weak heart or retreated. Pretty sure we got kicked to the curb by Pitt.  We may have backed up but it wasn't a conscious decision to retreat.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

56 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't know Puc but I know you Brad and I know you aren't a 13 year old teenager. But is sounds like you two are having a pity party.  Wowzers.  Not sure there is a way to not play them unless you are thinking Conf USA.  And I'm not sure anyone had a weak heart or retreated. Pretty sure we got kicked to the curb by Pitt.  We may have backed up but it wasn't a conscious decision to retreat.

To me, the bigger pity partiers are the "woe is us" whiners about the Kanigits' success ... but I agree with you about the circumstances pertaining to the "why" about we are where are now.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Not sure there is a way to not play them unless you are thinking Conf USA. 

I have not advocated not playing them. That is puc. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

In fact, I’d do a one for two.  😂

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, Brad said:

I have not advocated not playing them. That is puc. 

I was lazy and quoted both of you. That part was directed at Puc.  The pity party was for both of you  :violin:

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

I posted an article about this the other day. USF has 14 games scheduled against P5 teams in the next 10 years. 10 of those games are against teams that finished in the top 35 in the S&P ratings last year. UCF only has 1 game against an S&P top 35 finisher in the next 10 years. 

To UCF, you can b**** and moan all you want about not wanting to do 2 for 1s and we will enjoy our tougher schedule. If we can pull out some wins, see you never ✌️. We play in the AAC, and as much as you want to argue that we are just as good as a P5 conference, it makes no sense for a good P5 team to schedule a game against a G5 team that may beat them unless the pot is a little sweeter for them (hence the 2 for 1 deals). So enjoy your s****y strength of schedule, and enjoy throwing a hissy fit that USF has a better schedule and we will enjoy building a brand that America respects doesn't hate. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I was lazy and quoted both of you. That part was directed at Puc.  The pity party was for both of you  :violin:

I just like to complain, although at least I have been consistently against playing UCF since we made the conscious decision that doing so was no longer in our best interest. At some point we changed our mind on the subject and decided coupling with UCF would be good for both programs, it couldn't be any more obvious that this pivot was in the wrong direction and we were in fact better off without them. I am reasonable guy however so like Brad I could accept a 2 for 1 series with them as long as the 1 took place some other place than Brighthouse that would put our fan's lives less in jeopardy. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I'm all for being fair. UCF since joining the AAC is ahead of USF in football, when that time frame is looked at. 

But, let's not talk about comparing what UCF did against inferior competition. Going to a bowl game in the Big East is hard to compare to a C-USA championship in the same era. Or when USF was in C-USA and UCF was in the MAC, hard to say a better year in an inferior conference is a fair bragging point. 

Also, just a reminder, when you brag about division championships, all of the one earned before UCF was in the AAC, at the same time, USF was in a better conference that didn't use a division format. The Big East (or C-USA back in the day) didn't have Divisional Titles. 

UCF has a strong case for their recent success, so I don't know why you would want to add in facts that just lead to USF fans dismissing your argument because they don't add to your case. For example, when saying, "UCF has  12 Divisional or Conf Titles during that time while the Bills are still looking for their first ever in each." that would make me as a USF fan think about 2007. UCF won a C-USA title, USF did not win the Big East title - no one in their right mind thinks the 2007 UCF team was better than the 2007 USF team. (google for the score if you don't remember) So, the 2007 C-USA title does not add to the case that UCF is ahead of USF. 

They probably actually believe that it’s better and we even have some deranged fans on here that think conference championships are the have all be all that would agree with them. Some people just don’t understand qualitative vs quantitative arguments, they are the reason buffets exist.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

34 minutes ago, puc86 said:

They probably actually believe that it’s better and we even have some deranged fans on here that think conference championships are the have all be all that would agree with them. Some people just don’t understand qualitative vs quantitative arguments, they are the reason buffets exist.

I also remember GOL's coach vote being public and him having UCF ranked ahead of USF after the game. It starts at the top.