• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

UCF mad at USF... lmao

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

That word shouldn't be used even in quotes. They are poll rankings ...

You are very right, correction made. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Heart Attack said:

Listen, I agree that it's horsesht. But it does exist and recruits are talking about it. Perception trumps reality in so many people's minds. In this scenario, yes it lends credence to their claims. It's not so much a sketchy poll as it is antiquated, but it's in the NCAA records. I'm aware they don't award national titles to football, but does the average or below average 17 year old and their parents know that?

So you think the average recruit and his parents are more knowledgeable about the Colley Matrix poll than they are how NCAA football works?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Heart Attack said:

Listen, I agree that it's horsesht. But it does exist and recruits are talking about it. Perception trumps reality in so many people's minds. In this scenario, yes it lends credence to their claims. It's not so much a sketchy poll as it is antiquated, but it's in the NCAA records. I'm aware they don't award national titles to football, but does the average or below average 17 year old and their parents know that?

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So you think the average recruit and his parents are more knowledgeable about the Colley Matrix poll than they are how NCAA football works?

lol for real though. Take a poll among recruits and tell me who they think the 2017 national champion is. Hell google it and tell me who comes up? 

Also in that record book. it list UCF as a "National Poll leader". When it lists the "Consensus National Champion", it only says Alabama. So the claim that the NCAA recognized their "National championship" is false. It only says that one national poll listed them as number 1. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

lol for real though. Take a poll among recruits and tell me who they think the 2017 national champion is. Hell google it and tell me who comes up? 

Take a poll among recruits, and parents, and ask them what preeminence means. 

Until we win on the field and on the court, that's all we've got. They have put an emphasis on winning, we have put an emphasis on graduation rates among athletes. While that may ultimately pay off, right now it's embarrassing.

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

Take a poll among recruits, and parents, and ask them what preeminence means. 

Until we win on the field and on the court, that's all we've got. They have put an emphasis on winning, we have put an emphasis on graduation rates among athletes. While that may ultimately pay off, right now it's embarrassing.

I'm only addressing false claims at the moment. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Heart Attack said:

If there is a recruit so confused by misinformation campaigns that would select their college bases on the Colley Matrix then they are more than likely a partial qualifier and that has more to do with why they are considering UCF than any stupid banner.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

19 minutes ago, Heart Attack said:

No, it's definitely more sketchy than anything else ...... and any recruit falling for that nonsense would be too stupid to make it to a campus.

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If there is a recruit so confused by misinformation campaigns that would select their college bases on the Colley Matrix then they are more than likely a partial qualifier and that has more to do with why they are considering UCF than any stupid banner.  

You put it more eloquently than I did ...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

You put it more eloquently than I did ...

I always enjoy the couple of times a year we agree on something. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I always enjoy the couple of times a year we agree on something. 

I think we agree on more than we don't, it's just that I don't repeat things two or three hundred times ........ Not that there's anything wrong with that.