• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF mad at USF... lmao

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

But they know where the University of Central Florida is. 

Not true in Arizona.  They don't even know what UCF stands for, and don't bother to guess.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

23 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

I'll take an undefeated season, a conference  championship, a Peach Bowl win, plus months of ESPN shows talking about my school any day and twice on Sunday. 

Of course we want those things but how you go about doing it matters too.  Let's not forget they had NCAA violation issues during the end of OLearys tenure, and could very well have been excluded from the postseason that year.

They put up a rickety stadium that has had severe structural issues and could have resulted in injuries/fatalities.

They have also cheated the state on funding.

Look Scott Frost was a legit good coach and he earned his success but he and his successor have benefitted from the unscrupulous behavior of those that came before.  So yeah the recent success is tainted a bit in my mind.... and even tho that sounds like a lame way to diminish their success it's true.  They skirted so close to disaster over the years and just got lucky breaks.  

To their credit their administration put a huge focus on football, to a degree USF never has.  I just disagree that the results (their success) justify the means.  

(Oh and they got a lot of people to hate them thanks to their arrogance/ proclamation of national champs.  Have some humility for goodness sake)

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

Again, the loser mentality.

I'll take an undefeated season, a conference  championship, a Peach Bowl win, plus months of ESPN shows talking about my school any day and twice on Sunday. 

Meanwhile plenty of people in the other 49 states think USF means the University of San Francisco and don't understand why the University of South Florida isn't in South Florida. But they know where the University of Central Florida is. 

You do you and make comments about the 737 Max, rest in peace to the all of  the people onboard those flights, I'm sure you think you are clever. Meanwhile athletically USF remains little brother to those other guys because too many of us are happy with beating them an bringing the I-4 trophy back, temporarily, to Tampa and are okay with bowl games in Birmingham and Memphis in July because #Food instead of playing in Atlanta or New Orleans on New Years Day.

Not enough fans are demanding excellence. 

I'm beginning to think that USF deserves to play in Bowl games in Ray Jay in December against C-USA teams in front of 15k fans.

Should have ******* known ...... All I have to say is what do you think UCF is mostly talked about, the win streak conf championships and NY6 bowls or making assklowns of themselves about a national championship, and now this stupid 2-1 faux controversy? Would I love to have had their on the field success ..... absolutely .... but if our admin had handled it the way they have, I would have seriously considered the continuing of my support.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

It’s laughable when someone thinks AAC Championships garner national attention and respect. I don’t think 5 out of 100 sports fans could name three teams in the AAC or any conference champion of it from any sport in any year. The only reason we have lost is because we invited those clowns into a conference and became founding members of a conference that’s now illegal in Alabama. The only way to win the AAC is to get out of it, no one poses with an AAC championship trophy (I am not sure one exists and I’ve never seen it) no one brags about winning it and not one AAC championship piece of swag has ever been created. If you want to be an AAC champion just say you are one as no one will know or care enough to fact check you, is that information even on the internet?

Edited by puc86

Also UCF can choke on a bag of dicks and they are living proof that no good deed goes unpunished, you try to give people a hand up and then they just cry about the steak not being to temperature. Go back to the box we found your dumb asses in.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Go back to the box we found your dumb asses in.

It's called a tollbooth.

Edited by George Jenkins
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

It's called a tollbooth.

That thing that holds up the sunpass signs?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,745
  • Days Won:  3

What's this AAC thing ya'll keep talking about? 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

"It’s still astounding to me that a Power 5 league hasn’t jumped at the chance to expand and add UCF — a program that is thriving and growing faster than any in the country."

- Mike Bianchi in Orlando Sentinel
Orlando home town paper and UCF beat writer
Link

I wonder if coming out and saying that upsets his colleagues, the true journalists, at the Tampa Bay Times who believe honest reporting is taking a **** on the local college team - for decades.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

19 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

I'm all for beating those guys but it seems like too many fans see that as the Holy Grail. Yeah the I-4 trophy is nice but I can deal with taking an L to those guys IF we still win the division, play for AND win the conference Championship Game.

The I-4 trophy will go back and forth between the two schools but the conference championship trophy stays in the trophy case in Tampa.

I don’t see beating them as the holy grail either, but I do enjoy beating them more than other opponents.  What I was getting at was more about just putting these guys back in the rear view mirror where they belong.  We definitely need a conference championship, and there’s a pretty good chance we’ll need to beat these guys to get to the championship game.  

I’m sick of them being better than us at Football.