• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football Spring Game in game discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

15 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Seems the defense was playing better the second half getting more pressure on the qb.

Agreed

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

First Battle and McCloud looked better in their first viewing than BK and COever looked. 

To be honest there isn't much difference between the 3 QBs today, which is great.

The LB room will be fine once Mason gets here. Much better than last year.

Burnette will start as well as Studstill...I'm hoping for two late arrivals for the d after this semester. Was encouraged by Daquan Evans... he needs some weight.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

Charlie did say on the post game interview that the only td the first string D gave up was the first play of the game ......... which, of course, is a double edged sword.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Charlie did say on the post game interview that the only td the first string D gave up was the first play of the game ......... which, of course, is a double edged sword.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I continue to think Charlie is a good/great hire. Good luck next year, except one game. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I'm optimistic that the defense at full strength and with transfer help will give us pretty decent defense. 

The offense has plenty of weapons..Clearveux looked his best ever and big target.  Battles looks the rawest at QB but has much upside if he puts it all together. 

Strong just needs to let Bell run offense and work with the DC to make defense good and get another transfer or two on defense. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

It will hard to beat us in a shoot out...with any of the three QBs. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, footnfan1 said:

I continue to think Charlie is a good/great hire. Good luck next year, except one game. 

You must be a ucf fan, they love Charlie Strong, they want him to retire at USF.

With that being said, I only saw the first half today online, and it looked worlds better than last year's Spring Game.  Offensive execution and play-calling was night and day compared to the last two seasons.  Unlike Kean and Chris O, McCloud and Battle actually looked prepared.  The defense still looked miserable, but they played a vanilla style with plays being blown dead early.  Still, as of now there is no size or playmakers on the defense and it looks like we are going to have to outscore teams every game.

When all is said and done, I am looking forward to the season.  If Charlie actually acts like a head coach this season and prepares the team to play on a weekly basis, I think we may just win seven or eight games.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

30 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

It will hard to beat us in a shoot out...with any of the three QBs. 

If we score 73 points per game, our defense should only need to be mediocre.  :)

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

21 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

You must be a ucf fan, they love Charlie Strong, they want him to retire at USF.

With that being said, I only saw the first half today online, and it looked worlds better than last year's Spring Game.  Offensive execution and play-calling was night and day compared to the last two seasons.  Unlike Kean and Chris O, McCloud and Battle actually looked prepared.  The defense still looked miserable, but they played a vanilla style with plays being blown dead early.  Still, as of now there is no size or playmakers on the defense and it looks like we are going to have to outscore teams every game.

When all is said and done, I am looking forward to the season.  If Charlie actually acts like a head coach this season and prepares the team to play on a weekly basis, I think we may just win seven or eight games.

Defense had 13 sacks in the spring game and like 3 interceptions.