• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The elephant in the room

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I'm not defending CCS and his coaching abilities, I just don't understand the need to blatantly misstate facts or let's just call it what it is ... flat out lie

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'm not defending CCS and his coaching abilities, I just don't understand the need to blatantly misstate facts or let's just call it what it is ... flat out lie

what am I lying about?

the fact he dismissed 9 players from texas?

the fact that he increased drug testing at Texas by over 100% in his first year there?

the fact that he dismissed 11 players from USF?

32 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

lol

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/11574697/texas-longhorns-coach-charlie-strong-dismisses-ninth-player

The 6-foot-7, 290-pound junior started nine games and played in 16 during his career. He took over the right tackle spot last season when Josh Cochran was lost to injury. He was also suspended for the Alamo Bowl last season after being ruled academically ineligible.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/11263069/texas-longhorns-dismiss-four-more-players-team

Texas football coach Charlie Strong has kicked at least six players off the team since becoming coach, in addition to suspending two Longhorns playersThursday after they were arrested on charges of sexual assault.

you do realize he was suspended for the bowl game for being academically ineligible, right? he wasn't dismissed for his grades. he was kicked off the next season.players aren't dismissed for having bad grades. they just leave.

again I get that there were circumstances other than the drug tests with the two who were arrested.

the guy was on a witch hunt.

https://www.statesman.com/article/20140924/NEWS/309249621

Strong has dismissed nine players so far for what he termed a violation of team rules. He has not confirmed why they were dismissed. The only two players dismissed for known reasons were receivers Kendall Sanders and Montrel Meander, who both face felony sexual assault charges.

The entire football team was drug tested in March just after spring break, said Allen Hardin, an associate athletics director who oversees UT’s sports medicine and drug testing program. Then, Strong and the medical staff started looking for possible repeat offenders.

“We identify those who are more at-risk and they are tested more frequently,” said Hardin, who is in his 18th year on campus.

Information obtained by the American-Statesman does not indicate how many UT football players tested positive. However, the university’s general counsel will not allow information to be released if it can be reasonably traced back to individual students, citing federal privacy laws.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2014/7/25/5937367/texas-longhorns-dismissals-charlie-strong

And Chip Brown of Horns Digest is reporting that there are two more names that are under review and that a recent random drug test may have contributed to to dismissals.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you do realize he was suspended for the bowl game for being academically ineligible, right? he wasn't dismissed for his grades. he was kicked off the next season.

again I get that there were circumstances other than the drug tests with the two who were arrested.

the guy was on a witch hunt.

https://www.statesman.com/article/20140924/NEWS/309249621

Strong has dismissed nine players so far for what he termed a violation of team rules. He has not confirmed why they were dismissed. The only two players dismissed for known reasons were receivers Kendall Sanders and Montrel Meander, who both face felony sexual assault charges.

The entire football team was drug tested in March just after spring break, said Allen Hardin, an associate athletics director who oversees UT’s sports medicine and drug testing program. Then, Strong and the medical staff started looking for possible repeat offenders.

“We identify those who are more at-risk and they are tested more frequently,” said Hardin, who is in his 18th year on campus.

Information obtained by the American-Statesman does not indicate how many UT football players tested positive. However, the university’s general counsel will not allow information to be released if it can be reasonably traced back to individual students, citing federal privacy laws.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2014/7/25/5937367/texas-longhorns-dismissals-charlie-strong

And Chip Brown of Horns Digest is reporting that there are two more names that are under review and that a recent random drug test may have contributed to to dismissals.

So you are telling us that Strong is on a witch hunt wherever he goes to end his career as a head coach by drug testing and driving out good players. Because we all know how squeaky clean his Lousivilke teams were, right?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

31 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

So you are telling us that Strong is on a witch hunt wherever he goes to end his career as a head coach by drug testing and driving out good players. Because we all know how squeaky clean his Lousivilke teams were, right?

I don't think he knows what he is saying

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Bull94. Next time you're in Vegas let me know. Not only will I drive you to the dispensary but your first blunt is on me....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

all of them were dismissed for failing a drug test. charlie strong dismissed them. the ncaa would dismiss them if they failed a drug test for performance enhancing drugs.the ncaa leaves it up to a school to determine the penalties for street drugs.

So you're saying that CCS had the power at UT to completely ignore the Student-Athlete handbook?:

In previous years, marijuana was not singled out in the UT student-athlete handbook. It was listed among the banned “street drugs,” along with substances such as heroin. However in the 2014-15 handbook obtained through an open records request, marijuana has its own section and protocols.

Now, UT athletes who test positive once are subject to counseling. A second positive test results in counseling and suspension for “10 percent of his/her season’s games.”

A third positive test means counseling and the athlete is suspended for 50 percent of the season, which for football players is six games. A fourth positive test results in dismissal.

And that's IF all 9 were marijuana related, which you've actually provided zero evidence of, that I've see anyway. Posting your **** on seemingly every thread on the board I may have missed some actual facts you've posted.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So you're saying that CCS had the power at UT to completely ignore the Student-Athlete handbook?:

In previous years, marijuana was not singled out in the UT student-athlete handbook. It was listed among the banned “street drugs,” along with substances such as heroin. However in the 2014-15 handbook obtained through an open records request, marijuana has its own section and protocols.

Now, UT athletes who test positive once are subject to counseling. A second positive test results in counseling and suspension for “10 percent of his/her season’s games.”

A third positive test means counseling and the athlete is suspended for 50 percent of the season, which for football players is six games. A fourth positive test results in dismissal.

And that's IF all 9 were marijuana related, which you've actually provided zero evidence of, that I've see anyway. Posting your **** on seemingly every thread on the board I may have missed some actual facts you've posted.

What? CCS dismisses players from the team after only 4 failed drug test? That man in a tyrant!!!! 🙂

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

seriously read the articles. it clearly states that he drug tested them after spring break and then he tested those that were at risk repeatedly.  please just read the articles. I can't keep explaining this over and over.of course a coach who is going to repeatedly test are going to have more kids eventually reach 4 failed tests.

a coach can determine when they want to test and how often they want to test. Mack Brown tested twice a year. Once in mid october and once in the spring. Charlie strong more than doubled the number of tests but he did that by repeatedly testing kids who were at risk and  those that had failed before.

keep your heads buried in the sand. that's fine.

I'm sure they were all dismissed for wearing earrings in the football facilities. it's just a coincidence that he increases drug testing and the number of players that get dismissed increases.

Edited by Bull94

57 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

he did the same thing at Louisville. It clearly states that in the articles. maybe just maybe a dirty program like Louisville had a way for their players to get around the testing. maybe they knew when they were going to happen. maybe they switched samples.

it is the schools responsibility to administer the tests.