• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transferring players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

What?  The Big 10 winner this year did not make the playoff.  The B10 did not have a team represented last year either.  Nebraska could pull a UCF and not make the playoff.  C'mon man.  Most of your stuff is on, but not on this one.  

The system is not set up for anyone outside the 8 teams and ND to win the NC.  

If they run the table, and beat, say, a top 5 Ohio State team in the Conference Championship, and have a good enough SOS, what would keep them out? Your argument would obviously apply to the G5, but Nebraska? 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

33 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

What?  The Big 10 winner this year did not make the playoff.  The B10 did not have a team represented last year either.  Nebraska could pull a UCF and not make the playoff.  C'mon man.  Most of your stuff is on, but not on this one.  

The system is not set up for anyone outside the 8 teams and ND to win the NC.  

Let's say Nebraska wins the Big 10 this year with 1 loss. Oklahoma got in this year with wins over WVU and Texas. If Nebraska wins the Big 10, they beat 3/4  Wisconsin, OSU, Michigan, NW and then NW again in the championship. Nebraska definitely has the better resume. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,645
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

What?  The Big 10 winner this year did not make the playoff.  The B10 did not have a team represented last year either.  The B10 did not have a team represented last year either.  Nebraska could pull a UCF and not make the playoff.

B10 champ last year had 2 losses and finished 5. The B10 champ this year had 1 loss and finished 6. Either teams goes undefeated and they were in. Nebraska goes undefeated in the B10 and they're in .... obviously I'm assuming by saying "pull a UCF" you meant go undefeated rather than the other thing they're known for, go winless ...

The system is not set up for anyone outside the 8 teams and ND to win the NC

Considering 10 teams, and ND have already had a chance in the 5 year history, I'd say this assessment isn't accurate either .....

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Nebraska goes undefeated in the B10 and they're in

What P5 team would this NOT apply to? Really, it could be the same for Vandy, Kentucky, Pitt...Any P5 who runs the table would likely be in the playoffs, unless of course all five conferences have a team running the table in the same year. Would be interested to hear more of bausfkid's argument on this....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,645
  • Days Won:  424

39 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Nebraska goes undefeated in the B10 and they're in ....

18 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

What P5 team would this NOT apply to? Really, it could be the same for Vandy, Kentucky, Pitt...Any P5 who runs the table would likely be in the playoffs, unless of course all five conferences have a team running the table in the same year. Would be interested to hear more of bausfkid's argument on this....

I guess it's also possible for one of the conferences to have a really down year where the undefeated conf champ's sos may not put them ahead of a 1 loss conf champ in a really strong conference but the scenarios for an undefeated P5 champion to not make the CFP seem pretty remote and not very likely ..... and I'm not sure what he's basing his only "8 teams and ND" all inclusive theory on.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I guess it's also possible for one of the conferences to have a really down year where the undefeated conf champ's sos may not put them ahead of a 1 loss conf champ in a really strong conference but the scenarios for an undefeated P5 champion to not make the CFP seem pretty remote and not very likely ..... and I'm not sure what he's basing his only "8 teams and ND" all inclusive theory on.

Agreed. Going undefeated may not guarantee a playoff spot in certain situations, but I also don't believe that all P5 teams except 8+Notre Dame are being blackballed.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Agreed. Going undefeated may not guarantee a playoff spot in certain situations, but I also don't believe that all P5 teams except 8+Notre Dame are being blackballed.

Does anyone even need to second this?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

21 hours ago, JTrue said:

I’m going to disagree on the part about him not getting a true shot. He had plenty of time to prove he was the guy at QB and was still beaten out by a kid with no time in the system and almost no game reps either. BB isn’t here if CO looked at all capable over 2 years.

Its good to disagree. Granted he came in 3rd behind QF and BK but moved to backup but then comes BB. Never know what promises made by CCS. Would have been nice to see him play a whole game w/  ample prep. My humble opinion..not so humble really.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 12/28/2018 at 7:36 PM, emrober5 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

There was a reason Barnett remained the starter...Kean and O weren't any good.

They both seem like good people but we need an answer at quarterback and they weren't it. Good luck to the them, I have no ill will.

There was a reason Strong went hard after Barnett. And we saw it when Barnett was injured. Neither was a viable replacement.

• Upvote 2