• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need a QB...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, USFStPete said:

Barnett is not the future.  We NEED to start Chris O in the bowl game!!

Chris O had 2 seasons to take the reigns and Barnett took his job in what, 3 weeks? If hes the future we're in big trouble. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

After the Elon game I thought we found us a QB, thinking he'd get even better as the season progressed.  In what I can tell this did not happen.   In fact I'd dare say this is the case for the whole team.   IMO that's on coaching...but that's my view from 50,000 feet.

Edited by BullTime

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

BB didn't get better during the season so he either is more injured than we know and it happened earlier in the season or Gilbert made BB worse..either is very possible.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,350
  • Days Won:  5

We need an OFFENSIVE LINE that can hold a three second block and get two **** yards when we need it. Weakest unit on the field. Then let’s see how our QB play is.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199

2 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

We need an OFFENSIVE LINE that can hold a three second block and get two **** yards when we need it. Weakest unit on the field. Then let’s see how our QB play is.

Since the O line isnt good for pass blocking you would think we would run more routes that were shorter or move the QB more out of the pocket...but no we would have BB sit in the pocket looking for 50 yard bombs when we needed a pass.

Many of those sacks were Gilbert sacks.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700

11 hours ago, USFStPete said:

I think Oladokun has the potential to be electric if developed correctly.  He has a little bit of Flowers in him and even throws a better ball.  But bringing in other QBs randomly to spell him during games will only hurt his development.

I really think that game could've gone a lot differently if we would've just stuck with him the whole game.

Sorry. I dont see anything electric about him. The game woulda been the same with him the whole game

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

Gilbert should adjust the offense to compensate for a poor oline. As far as qb goes Barnett is the best option today but I haven’t heard who is coming in next year. If we could find a qb with a arm like Burnett but had scrambling abilities like flowers he would be the clear #1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Gilbert should adjust the offense to compensate for a poor oline. As far as qb goes Barnett is the best option today but I haven’t heard who is coming in next year. If we could find a qb with a arm like Burnett but had scrambling abilities like flowers he would be the clear #1

That should be easy. A 5 star arm with the ability to run like a fringe-NFL running back.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

10 hours ago, chapelbull said:

The only thing CO may do better than QF at this point is hold a clipboard.   The best of the 3 is BB and he has another year of eligibility.  He starts the bowl game if he is healthy and only Battle and/or McCloud should see the field otherwise.  If BB is injured then start CO, but I still want to see Battle and/or McCloud in the game at some point

I haven't seen anything from CO and his "speed" other than an ability to take deep sacks. I guess if you have speed you can back pedal faster to lose more yards.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

That should be easy. A 5 star arm with the ability to run like a fringe-NFL running back.

Perfect, his name is Kyler Murray and he already plays at OU.

Lets see if he’s up for transferring!