• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need a QB...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

49 minutes ago, USFStPete said:

I think Oladokun has the potential to be electric if developed correctly.  He has a little bit of Flowers in him and even throws a better ball.  But bringing in other QBs randomly to spell him during games will only hurt his development.

I really think that game could've gone a lot differently if we would've just stuck with him the whole game.

If they were only going to play one QB it should have been him.  Could have put in more running plays for him to take advantage of his speed.

Remember Flowers looked pretty bad his first game but my concern is we have no qb coach to make anybody any better.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, USFStPete said:

I think Oladokun has the potential to be electric if developed correctly.  He has a little bit of Flowers in him and even throws a better ball.  But bringing in other QBs randomly to spell him during games will only hurt his development.

I really think that game could've gone a lot differently if we would've just stuck with him the whole game.

I think you're dreaming, but what else do we have at this point

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

Think that is why they called the TimeOut before the half . . . decided against it.

I think they called timeout because Gilbert was about to call a play and Strong overruled

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

I think you're dreaming, but what else do we have at this point

Definitely dreaming about his throwing. He did look a bit better both throwing and running this past game, but I won't go so far as to say he shows any QF in him, yet. BK is fodder at this point. No way he overtakes BB and, if he does, I'm going to be paying @brybull1970 whatever he wants if CO is the starter in the near future.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I want to see what Barnett can do with an OC that actually draws up an intelligent game plan and knows how to draw up proper pass routes.  

How many low percentage throws can you call per game?  What OC draws up pass routes with 3 receivers between the sidelines and numbers and runs them the same depth. It is basically creating triple coverage. We saw this over and over. 

Let's see what Barnett can do if he isn't forced into making so many 3rd and longs every drive. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

BB is not the future.  He's not the right type of QB for Bulls football.  I reserve the right to change my mind depending on whether or not we have a coaching change, but we won't have BB long enough, and right now, with the right coaching staff, to develop him the way he and we need him to. 

I've seen enough of BB, BK and CO.  Let's see the new blood in Battle and McCloud.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Definitely dreaming about his throwing. He did look a bit better both throwing and running this past game, but I won't go so far as to say he shows any QF in him, yet. BK is fodder at this point. No way he overtakes BB and, if he does, I'm going to be paying @brybull1970 whatever he wants if CO is the starter in the near future.

He throws the intermediate pass in more rhythm and more accurate than Quinton did.  There's no way he'll ever match Q's big play ability but it does seem like he has a flare to him.  Needs to be coached up though like everyone has said.

Edited by USFStPete

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Barnett is the only thing we got currently. Kean amd CO are not very good.

Barnett is not the future.  We NEED to start Chris O in the bowl game!!

• Upvote 1

The only thing CO may do better than QF at this point is hold a clipboard.   The best of the 3 is BB and he has another year of eligibility.  He starts the bowl game if he is healthy and only Battle and/or McCloud should see the field otherwise.  If BB is injured then start CO, but I still want to see Battle and/or McCloud in the game at some point