• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need a QB...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

The QB in college football is the straw that stirs the drink.  If you don’t have a playmaker at this position you’re gonna struggle.  We saw what flowers did for us and UCF was winless shen Frost went to Hawaii and found some skinny kid that turned out to be a hell of a player that completely turned around their program.

Ok.  So we’ve seen BB for the bulk of the season and enough of CO and BK to say we don’t have a play maker at that position.  I know some are high on BB however I’ve seen enough to see why he’s on his 3rd stop.  Let McLeod and Battle each have a half in whatever crap bowl we play in.  They won’t burn their redshirts and at least we can see what we got.  Hopefully it’s with Shaun King calling the plays.  If neither show promise then hit the recruiting trail hard and this needs to priorty number one.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I'm not sure I understand why neither Battle of McCloud ever saw the field Friday.  Neither BK or CO looked overly effective in the last game.  Why not have something drawn up to utilize one of those guys?

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Especially with the 4 games to burn redshirt, why nit play them? And again with the King love affair, gimme a break he isnt the answer

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I haven't been the biggest Barnett cheerleader but I think with right offense and a full offseason to learn it we will see a much more effective version of BB.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

I haven't been the biggest Barnett cheerleader but I think with right offense and a full offseason to learn it we will see a much more effective version of BB.

Maybe, but this is his 3rd go around

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

8 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

I think this could be said about any of our QBs, particularly BB though. The offense is a mess. 

Edited by USFBulls727

Just now, chapelbull said:

Maybe, but this is his 3rd go around

I'm not saying hand the job to him but he is clearly a better option than Kean or Oladokun. Whether or not he's better than Battles, McCloud, or somebody else we bring in is up to the new staff (fingers crossed.)

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I think this could be said about any of our QBs, particularly BB though. The offense is a mess. 

Well Barnett has been the clear stand out of the three. And we have to remember he only had a few weeks to learn the offense. Not that it's anything intricate.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

I'm not saying hand the job to him but he is clearly a better option than Kean or Oladokun. Whether or not he's better than Battles, McCloud, or somebody else we bring in is up to the new staff (fingers crossed.)

BB is definitely the best of the three. After the last backup QB massacre game, I gave BK the edge. CO looked better this week. Neither of them can run or throw for ****, though. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

That's what I keep saying! Just wait til next year, again.