• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, how bad does it get next week?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

@CousinRicky

wow - Sorry if any of us have given you a bad feeling about the forum. I thought some of it was good hearted fun and a little back and forth.

Taking a break from the board is a great idea if you start getting angry/upset by what you are reading. I think many of us take breaks all the time.

Not sure what to say about how you are feeling about the team itself and them not meeting your expectations. It can be ugly at times but it can also be a lot of fun to watch other times. These are young adults - not too far removed from high school-- not paid (directly) athletes. I have asked people on here to tamper down their expectations all season-- this website tends to build those expectations rapidly until they become very unrealistic. This was supposed to be a rebuilding season. If you treat as such, it can give you a little more wiggle room to get through the mistakes.

Either way-- you are always welcome here. Besides-- I need your weekly picking of the other side to make my spreadsheet work properly ( @lotsofbull99 has been slacking this season).

Edited by MikeG

• Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

27 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We rehash the same stuff but to call people out as to what my problem is as to why I need confidence is going way beyond.

Nowhere in this discussion did I call it your problem. If you took it that way, that is your problem. It was a genuine question as to why a non participant, and I repeatedly noted it wasn't just you, needs confidence going into a game. Maybe we are using two definitions. I mentioned wanting peace of mind and maybe you should have just gone with that because that sounds like what it may mostly be about going into a game.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

I think we should drop this. It is a misunderstanding and all parties should probably let it go.

Besides-- cousinricky explained it very well what he meant by confidence in his team makes games more enjoyable to watch.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

31 minutes ago, MikeG said:

I think we should drop this. It is a misunderstanding and all parties should probably let it go.

Besides-- cousinricky explained it very well what he meant by confidence in his team makes games more enjoyable to watch.

And helps me bet larger sums.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

It is simply a state of mind.  I go to a baseball game when Blake Snell starts have I have some confidence that the Rays will win that game.  Maybe we are talking about 2 different definitions.  When I walked into last night's game I was pretty confident we'd handle them. Yes, we won but not in the manner I was expecting.  Walking into the Houston game on Saturday, not so much.  It has no bearing on the outcome. We both understand that.  But to tell me, or others like me, that we are haters and point out deficiencies kind of defeats being on the 'pen.  Some people seriously predict 12 - 0 every year.  God bless them.  I don't understand that but we're all wired differently.  I watch this team and don't see all sunshine and roses.  The next person points out that we're perfect, 7 and 0.  Well, to me they are different versions of "perfect".  Our record is perfect but we aren't playing close to perfect football.  I know, no team does.

See I can have a conversation without anyone's input.  We all know both sides of all these arguments/discussions.  OCS?  Sure, it will help with alumni donations.  Or, no it won't and we don't need one.  We rehash the same stuff but to call people out as to what my problem is as to why I need confidence is going way beyond.  It may be time for a break from here.  Too many psycho analysts and experts. I come on here to have a good time and to waste 5 minutes writing this really makes me question why I'm doing it.

I was sitting at that game in the 1st half last night wondering why I should get so invested in the team and scream like a child on 3rd down.  So I just sat there and watched.  I stood once midway in the 4th qtr and made some noise.  But mainly sat there shaking my head at the overall play of the team.  

Hey Bourbon.  Thanks for wasting 5 minutes of your day to say something that needed to be said!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,037
  • Days Won:  38

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wonder what this board will be like if we actually win on Saturday? I know there will be a few “I told you so” but the majority will say “we should have won by more, ****** play calling.” The natives are never happy. 

Why be concerned about what other people will say?  It doesn't impact anything.  

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

My take on it is that USF has a history of playing to the level of competition that we are up against. That fact together with us getting Sawtelle back, Boyce making his USF debut on the defensive line, and lingering anger for what Houston did to us last year (4th and 24 anyone?) will keep this game close. I think we can win, but we can't rely on a 4th quarter rally again. We need to play a complete game. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,424
  • Days Won:  25

I believe in our BOYS. We are going to somehow pull it off and get revenge. I don't know how but someone steps up and leads this team to a victory. We didn't win but enough points, but OSU gets blown out by an unranked team is still ranked way above us and UCF. I hate the Knights, but I find it comical they win and OSU lose yet stays above them in some polls.  Sometimes it isn't how much you win or lose by...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

41 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Why be concerned about what other people will say?  It doesn't impact anything.  

Not worried...but it is a message board that is predicted on opinions...more curious. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Here's my opinion...

Last year, the Houston loss was almost crushing to me. It hurt my soul.

This year, I will pull for this team until the cows come home, but, I just don't think we're as good as we were last year. It will sting if we lose, but, it won't be as gut wrenching as last year based on what I have seen. There's no reason not to have fun watching this team, but, I think being realistic with expectations is reasonable.

Everyone on this board is passionate about the program. It's crazy that there's a sentiment that people will be happy if we lose. No one will be (OK, we have some UCF people who are members, so, maybe them). BUT, there is also realism and it's possible that the team just isn't good enough to win every game. There are a LOT of other teams in the NCAA in the same boat.